SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#484019 - 12/13/19 10:25 AM OT: Hearing Aide Questions
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
The past 6 months I have experienced the ringing in the ears that so many people get. My hearing is ok - I seldom have problems hearing others unless I am In a really noisy situation.
I have heard several musicians say the hearing aide about ended their pro career.

My potential need would be to get rid of the constant ear ringing. But, I need to find out if there are hearing aide companies that actually cater to the performing musician and can tune the aides so they do not interfer with the onstage sounds.

Or, has anyone heard of real cures for the ear ringing?

Deane

#484022 - 12/13/19 10:34 AM Re: OT: Hearing Aide Questions [Re: hammer]
Dnj Offline

#484023 - 12/13/19 10:51 AM Re: OT: Hearing Aide Questions [Re: hammer]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Deane, what you are experiencing is Tinitus. This is usually caused by exposure to loud noises, such as gunfire, explosions, overly loud music, etc... I've had it since age 17 when I was a first loader on a 3-inch, dual, anti-aircraft gun with no ear protection. (Navy didn't offer ear protection in the 1950s)

There are at least 2 over the counter drugs that can help, but after a while they tend to be less and less effective, and they are expensive. Read more at https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/tinnitus/diagnosis-treatment/drc-20350162 https://www.drugs.com/condition/tinnitus.html

Hope this helps,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#484046 - 12/13/19 03:19 PM Re: OT: Hearing Aide Questions [Re: hammer]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
I experienced Tinitus a few years ago when a bicycle tire exploded near my left ear while inflating. (Cheap Chinese inner-tube.)

A drummer acquaintance suffered it with other dizzy side effects for years... and a water-pill took it all away.

Best wishes, Deane. Hope Gary's advice provides relief.

----Dave

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online