SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#48367 - 12/29/02 11:54 AM SD Card and the Home Computer
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
How can one utilize the SD Card in connection with a home computer ?
Or maybe the proper question is CAN one use the SD Card in connection with a home computer ?
I thought it was possible to view photos, download mp3s, audio, and do all kinds of things with the 7000 and SD Card
As usual the Technics Instruction Manuel is vague, and rather confusing and the KN7000 web sites are very little help. Why do they not provide more information on the SD Card? After all, most of us are "newbies" when it comes to the KN7000 and the SD Card
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#48368 - 12/29/02 01:32 PM Re: SD Card and the Home Computer
Anonymous
Unregistered

Not just newbies to the 7000 but also not experts on the Computer. Instruction manuals should be writen for the novice to understand.
I fault not just Technics but Microsoft with their operating systems help menue.

Maybe I should learn to play the old Upright Pian'er and go back to using the computer for e-mail.

There must be hope for the aged, Granpaw Doug seems to be swinging along.

Fran in Florida

#48369 - 12/29/02 04:52 PM Re: SD Card and the Home Computer
lahawk Offline

Or better yet...A Player Piano

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#48370 - 12/30/02 03:24 PM Re: SD Card and the Home Computer
rmcouat Offline

Loc: Vancouver BC Canada
To use the SD card on a PC you need a device to plug it into - a reader/writer device that hangs off the USB I believe is available. I lucked out, the Toshiba Satellite 6100 laptop I use has an SD slot built in, just push the card in a a new Drice E: appears. That should work for SD-Audio files but the management of Technics files requires keeping a map file up to date which I am trying to reverse engineer. There is a 16 bit number after each file name mapping that seems to be a set of flags indicating what parts are available to load for that particular song - panel memory, sequencer etc. This may take a while to decipher using trial by error since it is not documented.

Like you I feel the manual isn't a full meal deal - I upgraded from a 1400 to a 7000 and was very surprised to see the manual was no thicker than the one for the 1400 - but all those new features have to be described somewhere don't they, hmmm. Most of the information really is there, it is just hard to understand the way it is written as a set of isolated factoids. There is very little overview material to act as training on the instrument and to bind all these little factoids together into something that gives the big picture IMHO. For example I want to sit down and write a 16 track composition by playing the parts in the sequencer a part at a time - how do I do that? A retorical question I don't expect an answer to but an example of what I see as the major short coming in the docs shipped.

#48371 - 12/30/02 04:27 PM Re: SD Card and the Home Computer
TOMMAW Offline

Loc: HUNTINGTON,WV USA
IF YOU LOAD THE PROGRAM MANAGER FROM THE CD THAT CAME WITH THE 7000 AND PRINT OUT THE MANUAL YOU WILL FIND THE ANSWER TO YOUR QUEATION..

#48372 - 12/30/02 09:14 PM Re: SD Card and the Home Computer
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Tommaw! What CD are you referring to? All I received were two floppies, one for initializing and one for converting. Please explain! Thanks.

#48373 - 12/31/02 03:16 PM Re: SD Card and the Home Computer
lahawk Offline

I never recieved a CD either
Anyhow I found some information on the SD Card and the home computer from the KN7000 German Web Site. Hopefully it is translated for you . If not, use Google. Now I need to find out where one can purchace this product: http://216.239.35.120/translate_c?hl=en&u=http://www.taiyo.de/technics/cb7/main.htm
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#48374 - 12/31/02 03:42 PM Re: SD Card and the Home Computer
rmcouat Offline

Loc: Vancouver BC Canada
The CD was included in my package with the 2 floppies and the SD card packed in the same plastic bag. The CD is white and blue labeled Applications & Drivers for SX-KN7000

The Song Manager application does allow you to transfer songs back and forth over a USB cable between the PC and the SD device once it is all installed. Speedy data transfer is not an attribute of this program but other than that it does work.

The Audio Recorder allows you to record or playback in WAV, MP3 etc.

The SD devices are made by Panasonic check out http://www.panasonic.com/consumer_electronics/sd/default.asp for information on products.

Ron

#48375 - 12/31/02 03:52 PM Re: SD Card and the Home Computer
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
[QUOTE]Originally posted by lahawk:
[B]I never recieved a CD either
Anyhow I found some information on the SD Card and the home computer from the KN7000 German Web Site. Hopefully it is translated for you . If not, use Google. Now I need to find out where one can purchace this product:

This is a Panasonic SD Card reader/writer, supplied free in the UK but not necessarily elsewhere. That's what the two CD's are for, the software. You should be able to get one from your dealer. Happy New Year. Walter

#48376 - 01/01/03 03:21 PM Re: SD Card and the Home Computer
lahawk Offline

Correction:
I did recieve a CD software package with the KN7000, but not the SD Card to Computer adapter cable thing-a-ma-gig

[This message has been edited by lahawk (edited 01-01-2003).]

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online