SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#486468 - 01/10/20 10:28 AM Re: JBL Eon One Compact reviews: beats Bose S1 [Re: Crossover]
Crossover Offline

Amazona has a German-language review about the One Compact now. It‘s a bit mixed, they say the mid frequencies are not very clear.
Google translation of the summary:
verything is in there again and it is difficult to draw a conclusion. I try to split it into several parts. Let's say I need a box that I can quickly and flexibly put somewhere so that a little background music sounds at a reasonable volume and I want to be able to connect four of them wirelessly. The JBL EON ONE Compact is top for that. Or I travel to markets or the like and need a light box with a long battery life to which I can connect my microphone - also great. Or I make music in the pedestrian zone and need multiple inputs and a USB power source. If you don't value absolute hi-fi sound - it's great for that too. You can also sit comfortably on it. But if I now want to listen to electronic music at high volume, for example, or attach great importance to the playback quality, I would rather look elsewhere. The weight / volume / battery life factor is great. For that there are drawbacks in the exact music reproduction.

https://www.amazona.de/test-jbl-eon-one-compact-aktivbox-mit-akku-betrieb/

There are also a few reviews on Thomann now stating that the Bose S1 appears clearer in sound to them. So it‘s a matter of taste, probably some like the JBL‘s deeper bass better, for some the mids are clearer with Bose.

Edited by Crossover (01/10/20 11:01 AM)

#497890 - 05/31/20 06:05 AM Re: JBL Eon One Compact reviews: beats Bose S1 [Re: jimlaing]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By jimlaing
Another review, gives the new JBL Compact a positive review, Sound On Sound magazine:

https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/jbl-eon-one-compact

Agreed +1 EXCELLENT!!

#499229 - 06/22/20 06:33 AM Re: JBL Eon One Compact reviews: beats Bose S1 [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

I finally got to use my JBL Eon One compact yesterday Djing
at an small social distancing outdoor Fathers day neighborhood BBQ
with the neighbors. I was very happy with the quality of the sound, battery life after 6 hrs was no problem it's rated for 12 hrs+, or use AC too, loud, crystal clear sound, set it up on a stand, using the JBL app on my phone to EQ, combined with my Djay app, all wirelessly
worked like a charm. my old Bose S1's can't touch this imo,
Great product, really nice features, effects, etc, highly recommended.

#499233 - 06/22/20 08:05 AM Re: JBL Eon One Compact reviews: beats Bose S1 [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Donny, back "in the trenches" for SIX HOURS ... good for you ...
What was your playlist like?

#499236 - 06/22/20 08:52 AM Re: JBL Eon One Compact reviews: beats Bose S1 [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Donny, back "in the trenches" for SIX HOURS ... good for you ...
What was your playlist like?

Tony it was really not "in the trenches" so to speak
but just a small BBQ with close neighbors outside on the lawn.
As far as a playlist I just used Spotify on my phone
with a 50/60s daily mix playlist ...
and my Djay App set it and forget it.
I didn't sing either due to having the mask on.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.algoriddim.djay_free&hl=en_US

#499239 - 06/22/20 10:10 AM Re: JBL Eon One Compact reviews: beats Bose S1 [Re: Crossover]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Greetings, I have in a pair of Bose S1 pros, and I’ve curious about the JBL Compacts so I went to a Sam Ash store that has a very big show room to compare them. Both my wife and I did “ blindfold” tests and we both liked the sound of Bose better. Not a night and difference so I decided not to make the change.

Those that have spent time with both the Bose and JBL units, what you hearing that I’m not? Or it features? JBL has more features for sure....

Granted, trying something out in a store can be a lot different than on a gig. I thought iI would just buy the JBLs and return them if I did like them, but I just didn’t see the point....

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#499240 - 06/22/20 10:27 AM Re: JBL Eon One Compact reviews: beats Bose S1 [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Paul depending on the settings and what you put thru the speakers
and how they were EQ'd makes a big difference...we all hear & play things differently. I had two Bose S1 units after 2 gigs I quickly dumped them just not the sound I need for music and vocals..
many choices out there use what is best for you.

Take care

#499245 - 06/22/20 12:21 PM Re: JBL Eon One Compact reviews: beats Bose S1 [Re: Crossover]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
True dat, Donny. I am no Bose "fan boy" at all. I am really happy with the S1 though, for certain venues. I thought I'd give a listen to the JBL's , thinking their slightly larger size would produce better results. But honestly, it's so hard to tell until you test them out on a gig. Still considering...

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#499251 - 06/22/20 12:54 PM Re: JBL Eon One Compact reviews: beats Bose S1 [Re: Crossover]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I looked at JBL when they first introduced it at the local music store. At the time, I still my Bose L1 Compact, which did a fantastic job for me under nearly all conditions and venues. Though the JBL seemed to have a bit more mid range sounds, the quality, IMO, was just not there. I stuck with my Bose L1 Compacts until I retired and never looked back.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#499262 - 06/22/20 01:55 PM Re: JBL Eon One Compact reviews: beats Bose S1 [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
As the saying goes, "I have no horse in this race" as I have not even listened to either speaker system, but as I've paraphrased many times, "The beauty of sound is in the EAR of the beholder."

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online