SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#48350 - 09/01/02 03:23 AM Down to earth, Please!!!!
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
Come on down out of the clouds, you guys, and answer a couple of mundane questions for me,please. I am using the 6500
The song is Chattanooga Choo-choo which you would all know, the last two bars of the B section need a Gb9. In split mode, is this possible? I can get it and any other jazz chord on my old G800-, I play fingered style in split mode.
This led to another problem. I finished the backing--great except for those two bars, so I tried to punch them in again. i have had no trouble punching in melody lines but is it possible to punch in an APC chord ? Every time I did it I got the last bar perfect but the first bar carried over the D7 from the bar before- it should have been a G7. I tried punching on the beat, before the beat, standing on my head but the result was the same- I couldn't get it to read the G7. I ended up redoing the backing again-using G7 instead of G9b, of course.I used Auto punch.
Next-- What is the best way to get a realistic train whistle --Any ideas please?
By the way , where is this "pretty ordinary vocal harmoniser?? Sounds just the thing for these old fellows I teach who sing all out of tune and blame their hearing aids? Chattanooga is for them and they're rearing to go.
Has the 7000 got a train whistle?. Sounds like its got everything else. Cheers Jean.

#48351 - 09/01/02 04:23 AM Re: Down to earth, Please!!!!
technicsplayer Offline

back to earth? it's quite exciting on the Enterprise

For your Gb9 in fingered try GM7#5 as D#, F# G, B ?? any old dischord will do for hearing aids?

the punch in problem is just a question of punching in a measure earlier so the chord is recognised at the right point.

alternatively: easy to use note edit in the sequencer record & edit menu to enter the missing chord at the right place.

for a train whistle, you can use any of the whistles in the flute section, dirty up the sound with a suitable dsp or digital effect (personal choice), and the most important part is a good old whooo whooo on the pitchbend wheel. Record it into composer or pad when satisfied with the result.

"Transporter room... Energise!"

#48352 - 09/01/02 04:46 AM Re: Down to earth, Please!!!!
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
Kirk calling Enterprise...

Come in Alec....euh Kirk.

Where do you get all this knoledge about keyboards and music ?
Were you born with this gift or did you go into space to learn such things ??

I wish I could fly ....I would visit you and learn a lot.

Greetings from Belgium,
Alan

#48353 - 09/01/02 08:15 AM Re: Down to earth, Please!!!!
Vaschenbru Offline

Loc: Germany
Hello Jean

for Train you can use:

Sound Explorer - Drum Kits - and the the Key "F" the 20.Key from right side!!!

For the Chatta.. ist works well, i think

Volker from Germany

------------------

#48354 - 09/01/02 08:50 AM Re: Down to earth, Please!!!!
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hello Jean,

A G chord with a flat ninth is not recognized by the KN6000 as such, however, I pulled my music for Chattanooga Choo-Choo to look at your problem. A solution that works (that is to say sounds OK harmonically) is to play Ab,B,D against the "D" note which is the word "me" in the lyrics. You won't have a "G" bass (or root note), but it doesn't really matter harmonically speaking since the G(b9) chord is just a transient chord leading into the "C" chord. I've played it and it works nicely I believe. Hope this helps you.

Sincerely, Chuck

#48355 - 09/02/02 11:36 AM Re: Down to earth, Please!!!!
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hello Again, Jean:

Further to my response yesterday, I should have said the KN6000 does not recognize a G(b9) chord in split mode, but does recognize it in pianist mode. The notes I have suggested you use (the Ab being the lowest note) are correct harmonically and will do the trick for you.

Take Care, Chuck

#48356 - 09/02/02 09:01 PM Re: Down to earth, Please!!!!
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
Thank you all for your suggestions. I will try everything out on the weekend and update you all on my progress.Lots of things to try- so I should be able to come up with the perfect result. My older men's group may sing with a few suspect notes but they make up for any defects by their enthusiasm. They even have their own fan club- mostly their wives!!Cheers Jean.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online