SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#48328 - 02/25/07 02:20 PM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Sturgeon, I'm curious about your SD Jukebox 4.0. My understanding was that version 2.4 was the last version that would work with Technics keyboards. Later version upgrades were for other types of units. Would you be able to confirm that your version 4.0 works with the Technics keyboards?
Thanks
Keith

#48329 - 02/26/07 05:37 AM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Yes I am also interested in the upgrade from 2.4 to 4.0.

First: How do we upgrade, and what "version up" disk is Audry referring to?

Second: What does upgrading actually accomplish? Does the upgrade help make all SD cards compatable?

I have found an upgrade from 4.0 to 4.6 but will only work if you currently have 4.0

So, again I can't seem to locate an upgrade from 2.4 to 4.0, to able to upgrade to 4.6.

Yikes! Any help?

Anyway, my PNY 1GB SD card will not work with my 2.4 version of Jukebox. I wonder if upgrading will help...if indeed I CAN upgrade

Thanks

------------------
Larry
SynthZone Frapper

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#48330 - 03/02/07 11:24 PM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
sturgeon Offline

I couldn't find a complete kit, so had to buy a Technics card reader and the SD Jukebox (v.4.0) software separately from ebay.

Fortunately it works well with my KN2600 - but not with all 1GB Sd cards.

I 've just had a look at Panasonic's Japanese site and they have info about v.5 and v.6 of SD Jukebox. No info on how to obtain it though! Helpful aren't they?

Also just seen this -

150X 8GB OEM SAMSUNG SECURE DIGITAL SD CARD 8 GB G NEW

for £30 + £6 postage (from America) on ebay. Would LOVE to know if it would work!

Cheers,

s.

[This message has been edited by sturgeon (edited 03-03-2007).]

[This message has been edited by sturgeon (edited 03-03-2007).]

#48331 - 03/03/07 03:13 AM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hello All,

With regards to the SD question, a friend made the following comments which I think would interest you all. I know he wouldn't mind me quoting his words so here goes:

"looking on the Zone this morning I see that
lots of people are having the same problem as I had with SD Cards and the Jukebox program, I tried so many of them and have now come up with what is to me the perfect 1Gb SD Card, it is the LEXAR 1 Gb, it is just what the doctor ordered"

Could be worth trying!

Audrey

#48332 - 03/03/07 06:59 AM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
John Barr Offline

Loc: Colchester,Essex,England
Quote:
Originally posted by sturgeon:
Has anyone managed to get SD Jukebox to work properly with a 1gig SD card?(creating user playlists etc.), and if so what make of SD card did you use?

I have just had a reply to my SD card query from Panasonic saying (after consulting their factory) that the problem is with my particular card. My card was made by Toshiba (one of the largest manufacturers of SD cards in the world), and Toshiba say their cards (up to and including 2gig) are compatible with Panasonic audio equipment.
http://www.toshiba.co.jp/p-media/english/compati/sd_list.htm

As I said before, my card works perfectly with RealOne Jukebox for Panasonic (but this does not provide user playlists, only a master playlist). I know Roger Mepstead has had trouble with a 1gig card and SD Jukebox. Does SD Jukebox work with any brand of 1 or 2gig SD card?

Cheers,

s.

[This message has been edited by sturgeon (edited 03-26-2006).]

Having tried all the 1Gb SD Cards mentioned on this thread, I have found what is to me the Best Card to use with SD Jukebox (creating user playlists, Audio Files etc.) the LEXAR 1GB SD Card. Johnny Barr.

#48333 - 03/03/07 07:01 AM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
technicsplayer Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by sturgeon:
Also just seen this -
150X 8GB OEM SAMSUNG SECURE DIGITAL SD CARD 8 GB G NEW for £30 + £6 postage (from America) on ebay. Would LOVE to know if it would work!

No. The KN was designed before the days of usb2 when sd specification 1.0 was in force. This limited size to 1GB due to address block issues. 2GB became possible in specification 1.1 with larger address blocks but older devices cannot be guaranteed to work with 2GB luck is involved. Likewise 4GB SD is beyond specification and really a hack thus pure luck if it works with your existing hardware. 4GB SDHC is guaranteed with all compatible hardware. The new SDHC specification takes sizes beyond 2GB up to 32GB but needs new hardware to work.

The issue of 1GB cards not working for audio is purely one of not fully meeting specification maybe because manufacturers have not signed up and paid the full royalties to obtain the spec etc or putting cheap cells into sd outline packages in the Far East etc. Reputable brands like Sandisk 'should' work for audio but it is not worth buying the latest high speed cards. Technics and midi files are never really a problem with all but the most rubbish cards - but then you don't need a GB for them

#48334 - 03/14/07 04:41 AM Re: 1gig SD card survey.
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Just an update.

The 1 GB Sandisk worked fine in Jukebox

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online