SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#483228 - 12/08/19 07:06 PM PA or Keyboard problem ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
I have been using the Podium 10s for several years for MOST of my gigs, and they have been more than adequate ... however, this week on 3 different gigs in three different venues, I had intermittent problems in that I started the gig fine, but then the speakers cut out, but then came back on ... fortunately, for two of the gigs, I was working with a guitar player and we had additional PA available ...
At the first two gigs, I tried different cables, etc., etc. but nothing helped ...
I ran the speakers for quite a while at home yesterday, and they were fine ...
the third gig, today, was a solo, and during a sound check the speakers were fine, and then cut out ... I ended up plugging the KB into the mic jack of the speakers - of course keeping the volume on the KB and speakers quite low - but going through the mic jack the volume was plenty loud enough for a room of 100 people ...
SO, since today the speakers worked through the mic jack, I am thinking the problem is not with the 'outs' of the KB, but somehow lies within the speakers - but it is strange that both speakers would be affected at the same time ...
Any thoughts on what the problem could be?

PS: I KNOW that the end result may be a new speaker system, but I am NOT looking for advice on that - only on what might be done to correct the current problem and whether the fault lies in the speakers or possibly the KB ...

THANK YOU

#483234 - 12/08/19 07:58 PM Re: PA or Keyboard problem ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Don't those Podiums have thermal fuses to protect them? Maybe after all these years, the fuses are faulty, and the system is going into auto protect.

#483244 - 12/08/19 08:37 PM Re: PA or Keyboard problem ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
I have been using the Podium 10s for several years for MOST of my gigs, and they have been more than adequate ... however, this week on 3 different gigs in three different venues, I had intermittent problems in that I started the gig fine, but then the speakers cut out, but then came back on ... fortunately, for two of the gigs, I was working with a guitar player and we had additional PA available ...
At the first two gigs, I tried different cables, etc., etc. but nothing helped ...
I ran the speakers for quite a while at home yesterday, and they were fine ...
the third gig, today, was a solo, and during a sound check the speakers were fine, and then cut out ... I ended up plugging the KB into the mic jack of the speakers - of course keeping the volume on the KB and speakers quite low - but going through the mic jack the volume was plenty loud enough for a room of 100 people ...
SO, since today the speakers worked through the mic jack, I am thinking the problem is not with the 'outs' of the KB, but somehow lies within the speakers - but it is strange that both speakers would be affected at the same time ...
Any thoughts on what the problem could be?

PS: I KNOW that the end result may be a new speaker system, but I am NOT looking for advice on that - only on what might be done to correct the current problem and whether the fault lies in the speakers or possibly the KB ...

THANK YOU

Tony work the volume knob back and forth.. I have seen them get dirty and act in the way you mentioned.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online