SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#499265 - 06/22/20 03:41 PM Re: JBL Eon One Compact reviews: beats Bose S1 [Re: tony mads usa]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
As the saying goes, "I have no horse in this race" as I have not even listened to either speaker system, but as I've paraphrased many times, "The beauty of sound is in the EAR of the beholder."

My thoughts exactly.

#499358 - 06/24/20 03:38 AM Re: JBL Eon One Compact reviews: beats Bose S1 [Re: Crossover]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA

#499480 - 06/26/20 03:11 PM Re: JBL Eon One Compact reviews: beats Bose S1 [Re: Crossover]
Crossover Offline

Summarizing the reviews from Thomann and some reviews from magazines, it seems that the JBL Eon Compact has a certain advantage with bass, which reaches deeper and is obviously a bit more powerful, however the clarity of the mid frequencies seems to be better with the Bose S1.
I find both quite interesting, but the price point for a stereo pair is steep, so I still prefer a HK Nano 605FX, which certainly has more power, too.

#499506 - 06/27/20 02:45 PM Re: JBL Eon One Compact reviews: beats Bose S1 [Re: Crossover]
Vadim Offline

in terms of sound 99% of speakers on the market beat bose s1.

but these reviews make me wanna test out he jbl eon one.

I heard JBL eon 15" and 12" speakers many times and they sounded pretty bad to me.

but I used JBL MRX 500 and PRX 500 adn 600 series many times and was very happy with them every single time

#501578 - 11/25/20 03:47 AM Re: JBL Eon One Compact reviews: beats Bose S1 [Re: Crossover]
Crossover Offline

Taking up this thread again, meanwhile the trend is clear that the Bose S1 Pro are rated a little better on average than the JBL Eon Compact.
However, opinions are split, some say the JBL is clearly more powerful not only in the bass, some emphasize that the Bose has a clearer sound.
Has anyone tested the JBL in the meantime? Still thinking about replacing my current PAs with one of these solutions (in stereo or course).

#501584 - 11/25/20 09:02 AM Re: JBL Eon One Compact reviews: beats Bose S1 [Re: Crossover]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I was lucky to find the S1 Pro on sale so I went with those and I've been happy with them for a year now. A few weeks ago I did a comparison in the store with the JBL Compact and I liked the Bose better. But I could very well be biased or just accustomed to the sound. Either way, both do a good job for small events and the battery power is a huge plus!

couldn't you just buy both and return the ones that you liked least? It's really hard to tell until you play them with your equipment.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#501585 - 11/25/20 12:06 PM Re: JBL Eon One Compact reviews: beats Bose S1 [Re: Crossover]
Crossover Offline

Yes, I could. Online dealers have to accept returns at least 14 days after purchase in the EU. I haven‘t ever ordered products just to test them, so at least I‘m trying to get as much information as possible before ordering. Right now I‘m tending towards the JBL, most who compared both say they are more powerful, and you can achieve quite a clarity when optimizing the eq.

#502273 - 02/18/21 11:04 AM Re: JBL Eon One Compact reviews: beats Bose S1 [Re: Crossover]
Crossover Offline

A user critisized in a review that the JBl One Compact uses a ferrit magnet instead of neodym. Does anyone know more about this aspect? I read neodym allows for a better size:output ratio especially for tweeters / high frequencies. But does it mean JBL tried to cut costs and could have squeezed more potential into the same size of speaker?

#502278 - 02/18/21 01:46 PM Re: JBL Eon One Compact reviews: beats Bose S1 [Re: Crossover]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Still agonizing over this purchase? But it’s good your making an informed decision Hopefully you can just listen to them side by side and let your ears be the judge.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#502281 - 02/18/21 05:27 PM Re: JBL Eon One Compact reviews: beats Bose S1 [Re: Crossover]
Crossover Offline

Not at all agonizing. I don‘t need new speakers. It would be pure luxury to buy them and sell my present ones. I‘m reading the latest reviews once in a while, and now I‘m just interested in learning about this technical detail of neodym vs ferrit magnet. (Knowledge is more important than speakers wink )

Edited by Crossover (02/18/21 05:29 PM)

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online