SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#482624 - 12/02/19 01:41 PM SX-900 on order....
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Well, after some serious consideration...I ordered a SX-900 today....it will be a while before it arrives from my favorite Pro-Audo store and Synthzone friend Frank. My plan it to work on kind of learning to play all over again as it has been quite a while since I have played any music on an arranger. I think since the 900 is simpler, it will be the right choice so I can spend time on playing/practice more than tech stuff on the keyboard.

Let's see how it goes in 6 months....maybe I will pop for a Genos upgrade then. I do think for the $$ the 900 is a good way to go for me.

Does anyone use a SUBWOOFER on any of the arrangers? I see the 900 has sub out.

Thanks,
Lee

#482626 - 12/02/19 01:52 PM Re: SX-900 on order.... [Re: leeboy]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Lee,
Congratulations.
It be interested in feedback on a sub woofer too.
Check Mikem’s post on the sx900 vs pa1000. Utube video.
Could be point 5 or 6, not sure, but he mentions stuff on how those sub outs can be used. Not just for sub woofer.

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread...ter_#Post482567

Edited by rikkisbears (12/02/19 01:54 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#482627 - 12/02/19 01:54 PM Re: SX-900 on order.... [Re: leeboy]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Congrats Lee and welcome to the SX900 Baby G club! smile Glad to see you embark on the fun ship SX900! I think you will find the SX900 to be a very capable and fun to play instrument. I am still amazed every time I turn this thing on. Love it!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#482628 - 12/02/19 01:58 PM Re: SX-900 on order.... [Re: leeboy]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By leeboy

I do, and it's wonderful, but I think that "sub out" may be misunderstood my many. The extra 2 outputs can be designated to ANY instrument/sound/element that you choose. It's not a dedicated sub out, although you CAN set it that way. A great way to use this would be:
1) route the vocals thru the extra outs to give an isolated monitor option ... or
2) route bass/drums to a separate channel of your mixer for precise low end EQ enhancement without muddying up vocals and lead sounds

I bought this Fishman Subwoofer:

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SASub--fishman-sa-sub-300w-subwoofer-for-the-sa330x

#482635 - 12/02/19 02:33 PM Re: SX-900 on order.... [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Dave, Nice Subwoofer for sure...I think I only want the bass going to a Subwoofer. But I might play with it for drums too.
I am in a small area at home, so don't need quite that nice of Sub....maybe the $149 Yamaha will do....but I'll check a few out.

I hope I can make a global change to, lets say run the bass to the Sub only and have it apply to all styles. I were ging to run a 2.1 system, I would use the main outs and just config the powered speaker setup to do low stuff to the Sub, based on specs of the monitors and sub freq response....maybe later.

Lee

#482637 - 12/02/19 02:55 PM Re: SX-900 on order.... [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Rikki,
OK, I see...makes sense...Yamaha confused me by the name they gave (should just say Aux) Thanks for catching that in the clip...I'm an old organ player, well old meaning I used to do it a long time ago, and I'm also kind of old!

And we had awesome speaker systems built in, in fact ,my Thomas had REAL Leslie build in ( I think licensed from them) and they were terrific.

I'll probably get a small Sub, so the low end bass comes through well.

Lee

#482638 - 12/02/19 02:59 PM Re: SX-900 on order.... [Re: Uncle Dave]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave

Thanks Dave,
so a worthwhile investment.
I’ll have to check what brands are available thru my keyboard dealer. I get too good a discount to bother going elsewhere .
Wasn’t sure if I had to get the yammie one, obviously not, which is good.

Would I need to get new monitor speakers? or with a sub woofer the overall sound quality increases anyway. Not that I’m by any means unhappy with the onboard speakers.

I had Paas for my pa3x/Pa4x, and my old Yamaha powered monitor speakers are lose to 30 years old. Haha, haven’t used them in years, but checked and they’re still working.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#482642 - 12/02/19 03:26 PM Re: SX-900 on order.... [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Rikki,
Try the old Yammies for line out, then use Aux out for the subwoofer....could be fun to play with??
The subwoofer will have a crossover adj pot, just try adjusting it so you don't get the non bass stuff coming from the sub.

Lee

#482644 - 12/02/19 03:31 PM Re: SX-900 on order.... [Re: leeboy]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
..Yamaha confused me by the name they gave (should just say Aux)

In the edit screen it actually gives you a choice of "aux" or "sub" - they read your mind!

#482645 - 12/02/19 03:32 PM Re: SX-900 on order.... [Re: leeboy]
Telmo Offline

Loc: Brazil - South America
Well, after some serious consideration...I ordered a SX-900 today....it will be a while before it arrives from my favorite Pro-Audo store and Synthzone friend Frank. My plan it to work on kind of learning to play all over again as it has been quite a while since I have played any music on an arranger. I think since the 900 is simpler, it will be the right choice so I can spend time on playing/practice more than tech stuff on the keyboard.

Let's see how it goes in 6 months....maybe I will pop for a Genos upgrade then. I do think for the $$ the 900 is a good way to go for me.

Thanks,
Lee

Hi Lee, for home use I use the Yamaha KS-SW100, which was produced specially for the PSR series. I simply love this compact subwoofer for keyboard instruments. KS-SW100

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online