SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#4826 - 02/06/03 01:17 AM Re: Thriller
MRT1212 Offline

Loc: Foster City
so many fantasies fufilled with that mental image.

#4827 - 02/06/03 05:43 AM Re: Thriller
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Morphamatik:
Donny Osmond is now a game show host.

I wonder how Marie is looking these days. Heard she had a lot of babies.

Donny still sings his A** off and was a great addition to Andrew Lloyd Webber's "Joseph", as well as Disney's "Mulan".

Marie is STILL a stone fox, and you'd never guess that her hips spit out about 8 kids.
(I'm a fan, can ya tell?)

#4828 - 02/06/03 06:14 AM Re: Thriller
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:

......you'd never guess that her hips spit out about 8 kids.
(I'm a fan, can ya tell?)

..... talk about a mental image?!?!? ...
... but you're right UD, she has 'matured' well ....
t.

#4829 - 02/16/03 07:28 AM Re: Thriller
MRT1212 Offline

Loc: Foster City
same synth was used in "west end girls" by pet shop boys.

#4830 - 02/16/03 08:36 AM Re: Thriller
tekminus Offline

DX7?

-tek

#4831 - 02/16/03 10:26 AM Re: Thriller
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
Lets not forget how much money he has , even back in 82-83 . He had access to the Fairlight CMI , Synclavier ( which was big in R&B , Nile Rodgers swore by them ) , and the Alpha Syntauri ( Apple IIe based FM synthesizer ) . Even the EMULATOR which was close to being replaced by the Emulator II . He had access to all the high end gear .

#4832 - 02/16/03 02:48 PM Re: Thriller
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I would agree with tek's reply ... DX7

Even though there were other systems around at this time they were only low resolution samples and weren't really suitable for pushing up front in a mix like this sort of bassline. Great for background pads, drums and breathy sounds which would hide the sound problems of early sampling. I used a Fairlight CMI MK1 in a studio and found that trying to use it as a featured pitched instrument was a problem. The lores samples paled next to real instrument recordings and attempts to EQ them to provide better dynamics simply made the digital problems more prominent. The DX7 although being early digital still produced a punchy sound through its 12bit DACs and its slap bass sound drove many early 80s hit songs and TV themes.

#4833 - 02/17/03 12:03 AM Re: Thriller
800dv Offline

Loc: atlanta, georgia, usa
I like the digital noise of the older gear . To me , nothing is more pathetic than digital samples of acoustic instruments . I like the noise , it makes it more synthetic . The Alpha Syntauri has more than the DX-7 , as far as noise . The Synergy , and the old 360 systems digital replay keyboard are my favorites . Of course my old RMI KC-2 is a raspy sounding beast too . It wouldn't suprise me though if Michael did use the DX-7 , he certainly had the money to get one before anyone else did . Or even it's earlier FM brothers like the GS-1 , GS-2 , and CE-20 .

#4834 - 02/17/03 12:50 AM Re: Thriller
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Yeah I know what you mean about digital noise. It can really be a good thing. But there is good noise and bad noise. I have a TX-802 and SY-77 FM synths and the noise can actually add a nice grit to the sounds. In this case the noise is good. On the early Fairlight I referred to the noise was just hiss and the sound lacked the dynamics of FM at the time. Hiss is not good noise in the digital or analog domain.

[This message has been edited by Nigel (edited 02-17-2003).]

#4835 - 02/25/03 09:15 PM Re: Thriller
Anonymous
Unregistered

Equalizer
Member posted 02-02-2003 03:42 PM
Is there a prize for the person who can work out what the hell Morphamatic is talking about?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just a little quakery that hits involuntary at times (pay no attention to me amusing myself)
Member posted 02-02-2003 09:38 PM
im convinced morph does lots of meth
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am convinced that I joke around about a serious thing to the point where some may actually take it seriously

freddynl
Member posted 02-05-2003 04:27 PM
In plain dutch eeeehh english:
1. Morph confirms Quincy Jones did the baseline. >>>it was a Q Production.
2. Donny Osmond has fallen down more as Wacko Jacko, because he is doing game shows.>>>>>>>>he is doing game shows
3. Marie Osmond has fallen down even more as Donny, as she had a lot of babies and is doing advertisements for cheap imitation pearls.. >>>>>>>>If anybody's doing Meth it's Marie. 8 kids with that body? comon..you tell me she never did a stimulant! She's OK. after a couple martini's that is. LOL (just kidding) actually, I'm in "Puppy Love" with her.
MORPH!
. . . and they called it puppy love . . .

[This message has been edited by Morphamatik (edited 03-01-2003).]

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online