SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#481144 - 11/19/19 07:09 AM Re: Nearness of You [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Zuki....Thank you for sharing your amazing version of this beautiful tune.I thought I'd share mine also of "The Nearness Of You"...enjoy..

https://app.box.com/s/x29mubffwm1uwxa3xzovw9h5pn6mt3xr

Donny we know you are in the top 10 vocalist here..
Singing to a great commercial track is not a fair comparison to Jim's video .. playing spontaneously in real time on an arranger keyboard..

He is showing his playing technic.. You need to think like a harmonica player (even as a one finger player to achieve realistic sound.)

I think you should do a live recording on the Genos, and let us see what it has to offer. smile

BTW: I notice Jim is using those black keys too grin

#481148 - 11/19/19 07:45 AM Re: Nearness of You [Re: zuki]
zuki Offline

Thanks everyone for the kind comments. Donny, thx for sharing your vocal rendition (great silk, as usual).

It sure makes me want to go back to the drawing board after listening to a professional arrangement!

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#481153 - 11/19/19 07:57 AM Re: Nearness of You [Re: zuki]
Dnj Offline

Fran I'm done ever contributing any of music...
I'll remove it and let you appreciate style play only.. I won't discuss how it was recorded..

#481158 - 11/19/19 08:08 AM Re: Nearness of You [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Fran I'm done ever contributing any of music...
I'll remove it and let you appreciate style play only.. I won't discuss how it was recorded..

Don't do that!!! You know that style play is my least favorite thing on an arranger keyboard smile

The point was to explain what Jim was doing live, and the difference between your version and his..

Now grab your sand bucket and come back to the sandbox. smile

Attachments
sandbox.jpg

Edited by Fran Carango (11/19/19 08:15 AM)

#481159 - 11/19/19 08:19 AM Re: Nearness of You [Re: Fran Carango]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Fran Carango

Donny we know you are in the top 10 vocalist here..
Singing to a great commercial track is not a fair comparison to Jim's video .. playing spontaneously in real time on an arranger keyboard..

He is showing his playing technic.. You need to think like a harmonica player (even as a one finger player to achieve realistic sound.)

I think you should do a live recording on the Genos, and let us see what it has to offer. smile

BTW: I notice Jim is using those black keys too grin

Agree 100%. Really poor taste. Jim, you're a good sport. Personally, I'd be pissed if I posted a personal, self-made performance and 3 seconds later someone posted a professionally prepared version (for what purpose? to show mine up?). Sometimes ego can dull people's sensitivity to what they're doing. Want to do an alternative version, fine, but let's keep a level playing field. I'm not trying to pick a fight here, just trying to be sensitive to the original poster.

chas

#481160 - 11/19/19 08:25 AM Re: Nearness of You [Re: zuki]
girljam Offline

Loc: FL
Wonderful! Thank you for sharing! I always truly enjoy hearing any and all renditions of these great classics!
One day I will dust my mic off again for some recording! I envy those of you that have a little more time than I do right now . . . I would play all day if I could!

Play on!!

PSR S970, PSR S910, ShureSM57 mics, and way too much misc.

#481161 - 11/19/19 08:26 AM Re: Nearness of You [Re: zuki]
Dnj Offline

Like I said Angry haters will be haters

#481164 - 11/19/19 08:31 AM Re: Nearness of You [Re: zuki]
zuki Offline

I surely did not take offense to Donny. He's a great sport and just sharing his work too? Donny, above all, including Fran and Gary and Don were the ones that took me under their wings when I started playing live again. All willing to give all.

Heck, Don offered to take a keyboard off my hands because I was so upset I bought it! And Russ, the same. I even met Russ and he got me off the hook. There was nothing for him in the deal. Some nice people here.

Edited by zuki (11/19/19 08:37 AM)

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#481171 - 11/19/19 08:53 AM Re: Nearness of You [Re: zuki]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Hmmm, wonder if we'll ever get to a place where one can venture an opinion without being labeled a "Angry hater". BTW, Fran and I said basically the same thing. Is he an Angry hater also?

chas

#481178 - 11/19/19 09:17 AM Re: Nearness of You [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
And here we go again !!!
stop stop stop

zuki, Randy, others, PLEASE post more music ...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online