SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#480371 - 11/11/19 05:19 PM Re: MY FIRST VIDEO for YOUTUBE [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Originally Posted By Riceroni9
If this is a "studio cut"... is it safe to assume you used "hired guns" to do the vocal, backup singers and music?
----Dave (the other one)

Originally Posted By W Tracy Parnell
To those who are wondering about the recording, Steve's website says that he:

"… teams up with L.A. & Nashville's finest session musicians to create a sweet sonic canvas."

So, I would say he uses top players for his recordings which is no surprise listening to the final product. Perhaps he will provide more details when he gets a minute.

Hey all,

Thanks for the questons as to the process. Dave, I handle all the lead vocals & sometimes BGV's if needed,. But for the tracks I always use the best players I can for songs I want to invest in. I play good acoustic guitar & piano, but I am NOT not a session instrumentalist.

The process is usually like this: I write the song & will either demo it acoustically or with my Arranger to send to my Producer with whom I've worked with for years in Nashville. I live in LA...

We always will go over my vision for the song and structure before hand. He knows how picky I can be, & also captures my essence perfectly. In fact on this tune I had to pay for a total re-cut of the basic tracks as there was a slight miscommunication on the initial phone call. They double timed my CHORUS and it sounded like a Taylor Swift poppy song. Great for her, bad for me. So I had to pay everyone again a second time to re-cut. But I knew how I wanted this song to be

Anyways, on this tune they cut the basic tracks in Nashville & then I cut my vocals in LA at DeVille Studios in Burbank. We added BGV's & Violin in Nashville. While the BGV's were good, I felt they needed more "oomph" so I requested they send me back the mix and I added to her BGV's in parts. It needed that final push...I did my BGV's in my condo with a TASCAM DP24 Digital recorder, figuring why spend another $250 for Studio time in Burbank. I took my time and got it right.

Anyways, recorded in 3 different spots.

#480372 - 11/11/19 05:28 PM Re: MY FIRST VIDEO for YOUTUBE [Re: Steve A]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Way to go Steve! The hard work, focussed talent, and dedication to make it perfect paid off! Wonderful result!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#480373 - 11/11/19 05:30 PM Re: MY FIRST VIDEO for YOUTUBE [Re: Steve A]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Steve, thanks for that ...
Where does the video come from?

#480374 - 11/11/19 05:41 PM Re: MY FIRST VIDEO for YOUTUBE [Re: tony mads usa]
Steve A Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Steve, thanks for that ...
Where does the video come from?

Thanks Tony....I use FINAL CUT PRO X....Someone was gracious to donate some footage of the couple. I shot all of mine outdoors and had an acoustic version I had put on Facebook 4 months ago I was able to sync to. Good thing I always sing the song the same way. I used maybe 30 seconds of stock images, the flowers Candles & 2 women in beginning...Also I caught a break as I unknowingly shot film of myself singing in the mountains not knowing you should have a white backdrop only for what I did. Since the couple was in the mountains you have 2 sets of mountains, mine & the couples....But it fit together..LOL...so even in my mistake it worked and some of the trippiness of the mountains is because you have 2 different locations in the same shot.

To be honest, I was under 2 weeks of inspiration, maybe even "divine" & looking back not quite sure how I did all this, since it was my first video. But I knew enough to stay in creative mode and be tapped into that inspiration..

My job was to get out of the way & figure out how all these pieces were meant to fit together

#480377 - 11/11/19 06:19 PM Re: MY FIRST VIDEO for YOUTUBE [Re: Steve A]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Steve, thanks again ...
It all resulted in an excellent finished product ...
Congratulations !

#480401 - 11/12/19 09:44 AM Re: MY FIRST VIDEO for YOUTUBE [Re: Uncle Dave]
Steve A Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Pay yourself $15,000. Well done!

Done...LOL

Originally Posted By saxxman
Super job in every aspect Steve - Wonderful video and music! Way to go! Wishing you loads of success with this wonderful song!

Thanks much SAXXMAN

#480403 - 11/12/19 09:47 AM Re: MY FIRST VIDEO for YOUTUBE [Re: travlin'easy]
Steve A Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Sorry I was took this long to comment and visit the video - ABSOLUTELY OUTSTANDING!

All the best,

Gary cool

Thanks Gary my friend...Go Steelers

Originally Posted By john smies

Outstanding in every sense of the word !!!!!
sincere compliments,

regards,
John

Hey John, I appreciate the input

#480404 - 11/12/19 09:50 AM Re: MY FIRST VIDEO for YOUTUBE [Re: Steve A]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Hey Steve...how did the jingle version work out!
Mitch

#480406 - 11/12/19 10:02 AM Re: MY FIRST VIDEO for YOUTUBE [Re: jingleman]
Steve A Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
Hey Steve...how did the jingle version work out!
Mitch

Here is what I did for a Jingle for Kay Jewelers....The Ad Agency is Zimmerman Advertising in Florida who just took on Kays Account....

Mitch a woman said to email it but I can see she never has opened the email after 3 weeks and they NEVER answer the phone...I sent 2 follow up emails, still no open and no reply. I resent it yesterday

Just can't get someone to look at my stuff....

Thoughts?

#480410 - 11/12/19 10:41 AM Re: MY FIRST VIDEO for YOUTUBE [Re: Steve A]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Steve, it's their loss. I dealt with individuals like this for years and continue to do so. It drives me crazy, but there's nothing I can do about it.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online