SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#479412 - 10/30/19 03:52 PM Mixed Make Arranger Setup Two Tier Stand
MusicalMemories Offline

Loc: Arbroath,Angus,Scotland
Some of you will probably have a mixed make Arranger Setup two tier stand.

How did you decide which to use as the upper / lower Arranger?

Do you use sounds & styles from both or one arranger for styles and both for sounds ?

#479444 - 10/30/19 08:32 PM Re: Mixed Make Arranger Setup Two Tier Stand [Re: MusicalMemories]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I stopped using two keyboards 20 years ago - just didn't make sense. My top tier on the stand is reserved for my custom console, which makes life a lot easier for me while on stage and provides lots of options if the keyboard were to fail, which I never has in all those years.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#479465 - 10/31/19 05:33 AM Re: Mixed Make Arranger Setup Two Tier Stand [Re: MusicalMemories]
Bachus Offline

The decision was a simple one...
The genos on top
Because it has speakers attacheced (GNS1)

I mostly play the lower keybed (while sitting)..
Since its not an arranger.. i use the styles from the Genos..

Still not sure if it makes sense to have 2 keys
But it adds diversitty..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#479532 - 10/31/19 11:37 PM Re: Mixed Make Arranger Setup Two Tier Stand [Re: MusicalMemories]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
When I did this, I used a Roland E50 as my lower KB because I strongly prefer Roland's "Chord Intelligence" to Yamaha's AI Fingered. I made a special rubato style for the Roland that turned one or two played notes into triads and tetrads, which drove the Yamaha's style engine. I preferred the Yamaha's RH voices, and seeing an animated score display on the color screen.

It was a great setup. But that A-frame with all the wires made my living room look like a music store. So I scrapped it for a Tyros 5, ably assisted by a Roland module. Much neater, but far less functionality. And all this because Yamaha was too proud to copy the highly logical simplified chording system that Roland had already figured out. Shame on them! Someone needs to make Steve Deming write 100 times on the blackboard "one finger equals a major chord"!!

Edited by TedS (10/31/19 11:39 PM)

#479574 - 11/01/19 04:03 PM Re: Mixed Make Arranger Setup Two Tier Stand [Re: MusicalMemories]
zuki Offline

Probably one of very few, but I added the MX61 (blue) to my arsenal recently. I've started at scratch and adding to songs that could use it. So much fun and the folks will love the setup.

I will use a sturdy dlb x stand/2nd tier and mic boom out of the back tube (quick disconnect) and a side stand for the Zed (also quick connect).

I can bring out the 3X on the bottom far enough to read all and secure. No problems with the X stand.

No plans on when ready...…...lot of work!

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online