SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#479262 - 10/29/19 12:44 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: rikkisbears]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Hi Larry,
All the reports I’ve read from owners (exception Donny), have been positive. A couple of niggles about some function being dropped in lieu of songlist function.

I had my psrs 950 and Sx 900 side by side for over a week, listened to them thru headphones and studio monitor speakers ( albeit very ancient ones) the sx to me sounded better.

Thanks Rikki, I value your opinion, although "niggles" is a new term to me smile LOL

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#479263 - 10/29/19 12:45 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: lahawk]
Dnj Offline

Larry breakfast is always ready...
Let us know..

#479264 - 10/29/19 12:46 PM Re: Sx900 First Impressions [Re: Fran Carango]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Uncle Dave is singing it's praises too cool

Thanks Fran, guess that rules him out as a seller. I'm so close by too...:)

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#479265 - 10/29/19 12:47 PM Re: Sx900 First Impressions [Re: Fran Carango]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Uncle Dave is singing it's praises too cool

Good feedback from both pros. Thanks

#479267 - 10/29/19 12:50 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: lahawk]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By lahawk
Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Hi Larry,
All the reports I’ve read from owners (exception Donny), have been positive. A couple of niggles about some function being dropped in lieu of songlist function.

I had my psrs 950 and Sx 900 side by side for over a week, listened to them thru headphones and studio monitor speakers ( albeit very ancient ones) the sx to me sounded better.

Thanks Rikki, I value your opinion, although "niggles" is a new term to me smile LOL

Grumbles? Ie not happy.

Maybe “ niggles “ is one of our weird Aussie slang terms. We do have some strange ones. Haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#479272 - 10/29/19 01:07 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: rikkisbears]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
I would Value Don M. and Gary D. and others opinions for sure... It looks 99% positive at this point...1% going to My friend Donny...Sorry brother!

#479280 - 10/29/19 02:29 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: travlin'easy]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Larry, I talked with Don Mason about the SX-900 and he said it is an outstanding keyboard and sounds much better than the S-950 and S-975. Most of the other reports I've read thus far on the PSR Tutorial site pretty much say the same thing.

I would purchase one in a heartbeat, however, that's just one more thing my children would have to sell upon my death - I don't want to leave them or my wife with any burdens upon my passing.

Good luck,

Gary 8)

Goodness gracious Gary, If you can afford ito do it,,and your health is still up to it, why not go for it. There’s probably lots of things your family will have to sell that may not be of any use to them. What is one more item. If it sparks you up, wouldn’t it be worth it.

Sitting here at the moment crying my eyes out, lost my little 16 year old parrot yesterday, my little music buddy, my captive audience, Got me thru some tough times over the years with his crazy antics, always made me laugh.
Going thru a bit of a dilemma, do I replace him, ( if my husband offers) knowing full well a new one may well outlive me, therefore placing a burden on my family should that happen.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#479281 - 10/29/19 02:58 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Gary, I'm with Rikki. If I go and I get any kind of advance notice, I will be at the wheel of my 2020 Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 on the way to the biggest yacht I can scrape up a downpayment for.

Rikki, sorry about your parrot. My cat died, but then he slept 22 hours a day so it was like 2 more hours. I knew he was dead though 'cause he let me hold him. For a second there I thought he'd grown to like me. Oh well. Enjoy that SX900.

smile

chas

#479286 - 10/29/19 03:25 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Rikki, unfortunately,because of my lung disease, I can no longer sing, which was one of my strong points when I was an entertainer. I always prided myself with my singing ability since I sang my first country song (Old Mountain Dew) at about age 12 while strumming a really ancient guitar. I tried to sing a couple songs last week, and could barely croak them out, let along sing with any degree of quality. I was devastated, to say the very least. Just speaking on the telephone is quite difficult without the aid of supplemental oxygen.

As you know, I recently sold my sailing yacht because I could no longer safely operate it by myself. Single handed sailing requires a lot of difficult, physical tasks, such as hauling an 80-pound mainsail up the mast with a halyard, then furling the jib sail with a furling line and sheeting those sails in. Yes, at some point I had to use hand winches to put the final trim on the sails, but the preliminary trim was all arm strength. Bad lungs don't allow you to do this, or access the foredeck without gasping for every breath. Consequently, I had to sell the boat and ended up selling for $26,000 under the appraised price. That too, was devastating for I truly loved sailing as much or more than I loved playing music and being a professional entertainer.

If I were to purchase an SX-900, which I seriously considered, I talked with my children about playing the keyboard. Neither my daughter or son is interested in playing a keyboard. I gave my son one of my PSR-3000s and he uses it mainly for a drum machine while playing his electric guitar. I still enjoy playing my PSR-S950, and dearly wish I could still sing some of the songs I played, but unless the docs come through with some sort of miracle drug, that just ain't gonna happen.

Three years ago, the docs gave me one to two years to live, so I guess I'm beating the odds, but I know I'm on borrowed time at this stage of the disease. I've already sold and given away nearly all of my equipment that I used on stage, and the only thing remaining is the S-950, one of my custom consoles, a two-tier Quick-Loc X-stand and a Quick-Loc seat with backrest, plus a Bose L1 Compact. One of my musician buddies says he wants the Bose.

Rikki, I was thinking about you last week, thinking about the fun time I had when I worked in Oz, Woomera, SA to be exact, way back in 1960. Thought I would try to do a rendition of Waltzing Matilda on the S-950, but I was having a bad time with my breathing difficulties then so I put the project off until things improved a bit. Still working on the improvement, but if the steroids provide me with a bit of a reprieve, I promise you I will give it a try.

Thanks for your friendship over the years,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#479293 - 10/29/19 04:50 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: cgiles]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles

Rikki, sorry about your parrot. My cat died, but then he slept 22 hours a day so it was like 2 more hours. I knew he was dead though 'cause he let me hold him. For a second there I thought he'd grown to like me. Oh well. Enjoy that SX900.

smile

chas

Thank you Chas I will enjoy sx.

I know what you mean about cats, aloof little creatures, don’t see them till they want something. Only ever owned the one, prefer dogs and birds.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 8 of 10 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online