SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
Topic Options
#478841 - 10/24/19 08:30 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Page 90 in the manual, gives simple easy directions.

Must have been human error grin

How was your steak? smile

#478842 - 10/24/19 09:05 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

It doesn't work right on my sx900.as a single song list..
Filet was delicious..

#478843 - 10/24/19 10:45 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
Dave why not just take the PA4X to the winery?

Silent slab. Too bulky with the PAAS.

#478844 - 10/24/19 10:48 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
Fran read my post again and let somebody try to do this on the sx900.... And see what happens..
Genos yes.... Sx900 Not sure at this point...
Anyone?

... and you're still trying to wrap your head around the item you decided in 1 hour wasn't good enough for you? What up, dog?

#478845 - 10/24/19 11:47 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Donny,
basically quite simple.
I started with a new playlist. ( Could have used an existing one instead)
Then pressed the Add Record , LIST icon
Then opened up my folder with the registrations ( registrations named after the songs)
Hi lighted the one/ones I wanted to add, pressed add to playlist, it goes back to playlist scree, then saved it.
If I wanted to add more at a later stage , just went thru same process ,
except for the first step of course, which was starting a new playlist.

Simple yes , in hindsight, but it was a bit confusing at first, I did have to read the manual mainly because , I ‘ve never done registrations before, and playlist function is new, as you are aware.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#478847 - 10/25/19 03:21 AM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
One other thing the Playlist is just a collection of registrations stored in one central location. You can have multiple playlists with a mix and match of the same or different registrations.

#478850 - 10/25/19 05:42 AM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By Dnj
Fran read my post again and let somebody try to do this on the sx900.... And see what happens..
Genos yes.... Sx900 Not sure at this point...
Anyone?

... and you're still trying to wrap your head around the item you decided in 1 hour wasn't good enough for you? What up, dog?

?????? common get your facts right it was 3 1/2 hrs dude...
more then ample time to make a decision after all these years...
it just wasn't my cup of tea period.
Too may cons vs pros for MY needs.
Did mention personally I liked the NON Touch screen
much better then the Sx900 especially for live play using buttons .
btw have you figured out how to extract single songs
from the reg folders and create a playlist out of them on the SX900?

Edited by Dnj (10/25/19 06:03 AM)

#478864 - 10/25/19 07:25 AM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Dnj]
W Tracy Parnell Online   content

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By Dnj

?????? common get your facts right it was 3 1/2 hrs dude...
more then ample time to make a decision after all these years...

You see Dave, Donny has evolved to a higher level than the average player. He used to buy a keyboard and take one to two months to go from unequivocal love to disgust and rejection. He can now do that whole process in 3 and 1/2 hours. smile

#478868 - 10/25/19 07:36 AM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By W Tracy Parnell

You see Dave, Donny has evolved to a higher level than the average player. He used to buy a keyboard and take one to two months to go from unequivocal love to disgust and rejection. He can now do that whole process in 3 and 1/2 hours. smile

As a seasoned Pro with years and years and years of live stage experience playing keyboards of all kinds,.....
If you can't determine what is good for you in a very short time frame then I don't know what to say.
We are all different there is no general equation.
Some people need a year to find out how to turn on the unit etc,....
as for me 3 1/2 hrs is more then enough plain and simple.
If something doesn't work out it's gone...
I am not a hoarder by any stretch of the imagination
like many others that's just not how I roll.
To each his own.
Don't judge me just worry about what needs you have to cover.
That said I hope everyone enjoys what they
are playing and creating music with....
Have fun I know I will as soon as I find the right gear...

All The Best

Edited by Dnj (10/25/19 07:39 AM)

#478869 - 10/25/19 07:40 AM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Kabinopus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Kabinopus
I believe that your impression of SX900 is honest, but I’d say that it’s sort of “express review”.

Also, since you already had PSR-S970 and didn’t like it much, I wouldn’t expect SX900 to be very different; although you had some luck with PSR-S670 but not for long.

In general, I believe that SX900 is a package of tons of Yamaha’s achievements over the years. It surely had taken them a huge amount of time to develop that number of sophisticated sounds and styles, so I doubt that it can be covered within a short period of time.

It requires to have a certain mood to evaluate a certain aspect. And everyone of us, I think, has periods when (s)he’s that tired of music altogether, that every sound will just irritate.

And when it comes to styles, it’s even easier to get irritated, as usually they are very dynamic and busy. It’s a certain state of spirit when it’s possible to enjoy it to the fullest.

You liked E-A7 a lot, I’m not sure that you should let it go even if you decide to get something else, but it’s surely your business.

As for SX900, as I stated, I consider your comments as impressions of it, but I just can’t see SX900 as something simple enough in order to be evaluated within one day.

Strictly speaking, I would give it at least a month, but even that might not be enough. Why that long? Because one day you may feel like playing bossanova styles, and the next day you don’t feel like that. One day you want to play piano stuff, and the next day you are into guitars. One day you may try to play something like a soundtrack, another day you want to play dance music. And how many hours a day it is possible to have a fresh mind (ears)? I guess, 2-3 max. And how many days there will be when you will have to take care of other business? Plenty.

To add that there are ways to adjust tons of things, but you have to know how, not to mention expansion packs.

So with this list of things-to-do, with need to do other stuff as well (different activities will help to keep perception correct), with the fact that it usually takes few hours of playing each day for fingers to get in shape… I conclude that an accurate review will take months.

But impressions are surely more emotional, and for that they are priceless.

Still, I wouldn’t simplify it that much. SX900 is a collection of different things; to browse through them doesn’t mean to get familiar with them.

As a seasoned Pro with years and years and years of live stage experience playing keyboards of all kinds,.....
If you can't determine what is good for you in a very short time frame then I don't know what to say.
We are all different there is no general equation.
Some people need a year to find out how to turn on the unit etc,....
as for me 3 1/2 hrs is more then enough plain and simple.
If something doesn't work out it's gone...
I am not a hoarder by any stretch of the imagination
like many others that's just not how I roll.
To each his own.
Don't judge me just worry about what needs you have to cover.
That said I hope everyone enjoys what they
are playing and creating music with....
Have fun I know I will as soon as I find the right gear...

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online