SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#478807 - 10/24/19 02:16 PM OT: Action cams
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I accidentally posted this at The Bar (which is probably where it belongs).

Just mentioning it here in case some of you use them for recording live performances. I just pre-ordered a Hero8 Black (taking advantage of a $100 promotional discount). This will be my sixth, two GoPro's (Hero+ and Hero5 Black) and three high-end Chinese action cams. I still have all of them although I'll have to send one (the worst) in as a trade-in for the promotional. If you're into photography/videography (Steve smile ), in your opinion, are dedicated action cams worth it (assuming you're not a skier/surfer/mountain climber/trail bike rider/etc.). I have a rather large collection of video cameras ranging from minis to prosumers, but as with arrangers, once you get old, it gets harder and harder to remember the operation of each one. My attraction is that I want something slightly better than a smartphone but not as bulky and complicated as a prosumer level regular videocam. Just musing.

chas

#478814 - 10/24/19 03:24 PM Re: OT: Action cams [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I love my Go Pro, but now that I have sold the boat, I no longer use it very often. Thought about purchasing a drone that will carry it alloft, but I'll have to wait till my wife gets back home and things get back to normal around the ranch. I love the thought of doing some aerial photography with the Go Pro - should be challenging - especially for an old man.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#478816 - 10/24/19 03:46 PM Re: OT: Action cams [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Gary, depends on the drone. I wouldn't put my GoPro on a cheapy. Should at least have 'auto-return'. I've got some drone footage but not from my GoPro; it's with the el Cheapo camera that came with the drone. Video wasn't bad though and it was tons of fun. Plus it's something you can do without having to exert a lot of energy (my favorite type of activity smile ). From the pics I've seen of your place, you should be able to get some very nice and interesting video; just be aware of the trees. Save your pennies and whatever you were going to get, get the next model up smile. Plus it's one of the few things I can still share with my grandkids.

chas

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online