SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#47877 - 01/13/03 01:19 AM heavy problems with KN7000
Karl Fueller Offline

Loc: Germany
Why doesn´t anyone answer to my question from 8.January?
The bug with loading GM-midi files in the sequencer of the KN7000 occured in Croatia
also in Germany. By normally saving files in GM-Mode with another name the 7000 "eats" kilobytes. They are different!
The 6500 doesn´t make such problems.
Who knows the solving, who knows help?

Karl

#47878 - 01/13/03 02:46 AM Re: heavy problems with KN7000
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Karl, Maybe you have not had any replies because nobody else has had this problem or nobody knows the answer.
You could try emailing Technics support engineer chris.whitehead@panasonic.co.uk - he may be able to help

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#47879 - 01/14/03 04:40 PM Re: heavy problems with KN7000
Ad Rouw Offline

Loc: Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Hi Karl,

How heavy are your problems? I have saved different kind of midifiles and noticed that the files saved on the KN7000 where only a bit bigger than the originals to a maximum of 10%.
I haven't looked into it thoroughly, but my first assumption is that it might have to do with the midi format in which the files are saved. Using midi converters, you will see a difference in saving a midifile in midiformat 0 or 1. The same goes for the standard GM midiformat or the "extended" GM2 format. I didn't notice much difference in filesize saving from the KN7000 compared to software converters, while saving in GM2-mode and midiformat 0 what actually is the way the KN7000 saves midifiles.

If you want to save bits, you might consider saving in Technics mode, saving ONLY the sequencer part. In most cases the filesize was reduced to about 60% of the original.

Regards, Ad.

#47880 - 01/14/03 10:55 PM Re: heavy problems with KN7000
Karl Fueller Offline

Loc: Germany
Hello Ad!
Thank You for your advices.I will try it.
But what´s with the first problem?
Why it is not possible to edit GM-Midi files in the sequencer of the 7000 as it is
normal with the 6000 and the 6500?
The problem is that the sequencer doesn´t read all the "stars".
Working with the commands in first takt and saving the file, produces sometimes a
correctly readable file(visible in 6500 or vanbasco) sometimes not.
Do You have an idea?

Karl

#47881 - 01/15/03 11:59 AM Re: heavy problems with KN7000
Ad Rouw Offline

Loc: Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Hi Karl,

First I quote your original question from 8 January:
Has anyone heard from problems with loading and saving GM midi-files on KN7000?
My good friend in Croatia had tried to work with these files in the sequencer but had no success in it. He failed in saving commands in first takt. Also the sequencer doesn´t read normal GM midi-files in right mannor! Copying these midi´s on SD-ram produced mistakes (the copy and the original are different!).

I tend to work and save sequences in the Technics mode. But I remember saving modified midifiles in GM2 mode on the SD-card which played all tracks with the Grand Piano at volume 100 (initial setting). I assumed I had made a mistake in saving it the wrong way and haven't looked into it. After reading your question on this topic I have gone over this again and experienced the same result: I loaded a midifile in the KN7000, modified it and saved it as midifile. On loading it again (after initializing the keyboard) the midifile didn't play properly. When I repeated the process and turned PANEL HEADER on before saving, the midifile played correctly!!!

In your question you state that your friend "failed in saving commands in first takt". What do you mean exactly, because I can't reproduce that fault.

P.S. If you want to save more than one midifile to the SD-card try using the copy from disk command instead of loading it into the KN and then saving to SD. They will all play correctly.

Regards, Ad.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online