SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#47866 - 03/20/02 09:09 AM midi .can anyone help
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
I would like to connect my kn 6000 to a yamaha prs 330 keyboard to enable me to use some of the sounds from the yamaha on my 6000.I would like to use the Right1 and 2parts and if possible the left part.I would also like to be able to play the yamaha with the right hand with the techni cords from the 6000 having the desired effects on the yamaha.I have read the hand book regarding midi presets but I am not sure that I understand it or if it applys.I am aware that the midi channels on both insrtuments need to be identical.My understanding of the terminology regarding midi is very, very limited.Can anyone help, or is what i am trying to achieve impossible . Gilbert

#47867 - 03/20/02 11:04 AM Re: midi .can anyone help
technicsplayer Offline

it is entirely possible and the answer is in the midi / part setting pages.

the channel for each part should be set here, and this should match for the voice you wish to use on the other keyboard. It would be simpler to set technichord to part 4 on the technichord page. This would give you total control.

then use the local column to switch OFF the voice on the keyboard you do not wish to hear, leaving the voice on the other keyboard to be heard.

I seem to remember the 330 had a midi menu, you will need to set this accordingly to match your requirements.

#47868 - 03/21/02 09:35 AM Re: midi .can anyone help
gilbert Offline

Loc: Oelsnitz /E Germany
Technicsplayer
Many thanks for your helpfull advice re Midi set up.I think I am almost there I have just got to sort out what parts on the Yamaha 330 matched the functions of the kn 6000 which I think maybe a case of trial and error again many thanks

Gilbert

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online