Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#478870 - 10/25/19 07:44 AM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
have you figured out how to extract single songs
from the reg folders and create a playlist out of them on the SX900?

I have yet to ever use the playlist function on any keyboard I've ever had. Never felt the need to use it.

#478872 - 10/25/19 07:49 AM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By Dnj
have you figured out how to extract single songs
from the reg folders and create a playlist out of them on the SX900?

I have yet to ever use the playlist function on any keyboard I've ever had. Never felt the need to use it.

That's fine and dandy Dave...
I also never used the MFD on any of my Yamaha units
especially when I use a laptop..
but that does not answer my question does it?
or for anyone else who has a sx900..

Edited by Dnj (10/25/19 07:50 AM)

#478887 - 10/25/19 08:32 AM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Making a playlist is not one of my priorities. I use a full bank of registrations for each song, therefore my Playlist is always instantly available, fully alphabetized. In other words I prefer to keep my entire list of registrations in front of me at a moment's touch, rather than use short ones.
I do keep the Christmas styles in a separate folder.

#478906 - 10/25/19 09:56 AM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Dnj]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Hi Don and Donny:

Makes me glad I don't have to keep track of a playlist (or playlists) but I do keep track of every song I've ever written and recorded. That series of tasks also includes the Lyric Sheet and Keyboard setup, whether or not I registered it with ASCAP or even filed for copyright... and the list of trackable data goes on and on.

I use a database called, "Filemaker Unlimited" and it's fairly straightforward to set up and manage. Years ago, when DOS was the predominant Operating System for PC's... I used a little gem of a database called "Nutshell." Easiest DB to set-up and use I've ever encountered. Unfortunately, it died a fairly swift demise after ever-changing "Windows" arrived on-scene.

Yep, they call him "Quick-Draw Mason!" LOL!

Have a great day, guys.

#478909 - 10/25/19 09:59 AM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Riceroni9]
Dnj Offline

I really don't call it a data base but more of an easy song list to QUICKLY on stage jump from one song to another
by just scrolling up and down the list to
eliminate dead time between songs ..

#478922 - 10/25/19 11:16 AM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: DonM]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By DonM
Making a playlist is not one of my priorities. I use a full bank of registrations for each song, therefore my Playlist is always instantly available, fully alphabetized. In other words I prefer to keep my entire list of registrations in front of me at a moment's touch, rather than use short ones.
I do keep the Christmas styles in a separate folder.

You can copy every registration into a giant playlist, it’s just another method to do so. I have one called complete. When you copy and paste from a folder they go into playlist alphabetically. One caveat is if you add a new registration it will go to the bottom of the list Actually with playlist you can also choose any numbered button 1 thru 8 to start the style.

#478942 - 10/25/19 12:52 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I used a combination of Music Finder Directory and registrations to completely eliminate dead time between songs. I posted a video of this on this forum several years ago. The only time I had dead time between songs is when I needed to make announcements, which was rare.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#478949 - 10/25/19 01:08 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: rikkisbears]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia

Originally Posted By rikkisbears
Hi Donny,
basically quite simple.
I started with a new playlist. ( Could have used an existing one instead)
Then pressed the Add Record , LIST icon
Then opened up my folder with the registrations ( registrations named after the songs)
Hi lighted the one/ones I wanted to add, pressed add to playlist, it goes back to playlist scree, then saved it.
If I wanted to add more at a later stage , just went thru same process ,
except for the first step of course, which was starting a new playlist.

Simple yes , in hindsight, but it was a bit confusing at first, I did have to read the manual mainly because , I ‘ve never done registrations before, and playlist function is new, as you are aware.

Hi Donny , you can add single songs.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#478952 - 10/25/19 01:15 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: rikkisbears]
Dnj Offline

Hi Donny,
basically quite simple.
I started with a new playlist. ( Could have used an existing one instead)
Then pressed the Add Record , LIST icon
Then opened up my folder with the registrations ( registrations named after the songs)
Hi lighted the one/ones I wanted to add, pressed add to playlist, it goes back to playlist scree, then saved it.
If I wanted to add more at a later stage , just went thru same process ,
except for the first step of course, which was starting a new playlist.

Simple yes , in hindsight, but it was a bit confusing at first, I did have to read the manual mainly because , I ‘ve never done registrations before, and playlist function is new, as you are aware.

Hi Donny , you can add single songs.

Ok Rikki good news in away...
I was talking with Fran before and he made a good point....
try to follow me...

When I got the sx900 I loaded up my USb drive stick with all my reg & styles from my S970..
Then I loaded them Reg & Styles into User memory on the SX900..
The after numerous attempts to extract SINGLE songs from the Folders that I was able to load into the playlist ONLY ....I could not find a way to do this, file & menu tabs didn't light up to use to add to playlist....
Sooooooooooo I waa wondering as was Fran that you may have to create the reg from scratch within the new SX900 for it to be allowed to be used to extract SINGLE songs from the REG folders already in the playlist ??? make sense?... hope I was wrong confused1

did YOU use songs created on SX900 or songs taken from another keyboard first?

Edited by Dnj (10/25/19 01:16 PM)

#478957 - 10/25/19 01:40 PM Re: Sx900 Unbox, First touch Impressions [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
You can always just learn to the the thing as it was built, and not try to turn it into an out-dated model. Loading old registrations is convenient sometimes, but the improvements to sounds and styles are not always compatible. You have to be reasonable, and expect a learning curve to adapt to a new instrument. Now, where's that darn 8-track player manual .... I can't seem to fit this cartridge into my DVD player. Hmmmmm

Page 6 of 10 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online