SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#478180 - 10/16/19 02:47 PM Re: Pa4x the good, the bad, the ugly [Re: Dnj]
DannyUK Offline

Donny... Are you sure it's a keyboard you're actually after? I think you've tried absolutely everything and not been happy with any of them. I fear you may even not be too impressed with the SX900? The post you made about the Pa4x being you final keyboard choice really was convincing and was excited for you!.

I hope the SX900 works out but based on the amount of boards you've gone through I don't know if you'd like it because the SX900 isn't perfect either, you will find something you'd dislike about it and then off it goes again. There is only the Genos left after that, and that's a fortune to gamble on.

Why don't you get two boards to cover all bases?

#478185 - 10/16/19 03:26 PM Re: Pa4x the good, the bad, the ugly [Re: Dnj]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Donny, I know you've been through a rough stretch the last couple months. I hope the SX900 gives you some peace, so you can relax and enjoy playing again.
JM

#478187 - 10/16/19 03:35 PM Re: Pa4x the good, the bad, the ugly [Re: jingleman]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
How about a nice accordion..

#478189 - 10/16/19 03:41 PM Re: Pa4x the good, the bad, the ugly [Re: jingleman]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
Donny, I know you've been through a rough stretch the last couple months. I hope the SX900 gives you some peace, so you can relax and enjoy playing again.
JM

+1

#478190 - 10/16/19 03:41 PM Re: Pa4x the good, the bad, the ugly [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By W Tracy Parnell
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
OH MY GOSH !!! ... This even shocked ME !!! surprised

OK, Donny, what where the reasons ??? confused1

Yes, what were the reasons please?

That is easy just do a SZ search of why I got rid of the
previous two Pa4x units ..take care

I tried that search and 4,700 of your posts came up

#478191 - 10/16/19 03:45 PM Re: Pa4x the good, the bad, the ugly [Re: Dnj]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Personally I’m often dissatisfied with keyboards. I came up with some explanations, although they contradict to each other.

One of them is so called “deficiency of deficiency”. It means that after reaching a decent level of equipment, like PSR-S970, there’s not much to look forward. Like this story is told. This is a today’s arranger keyboard, you can find some additions to it in other models, but you already got the picture.

Another explanation is rather opposite to the first one. Sometimes I blame keyboards that they don’t evolve fast enough. In recent years we got tablets and smartphones as cheap as $100 per unit and they are as powerful as personal computers; but when it comes to keyboards we still pay big bucks and, honestly, there’s still a lot of rather dated stuff inside.

And the third reason I came up with is that playing a keyboard needs a purpose; to play for people or to make recordings; or maybe to learn music. Not just to be happy by owning an item. When there’s a purpose, it’s easier to compromise with imperfection, because it’s no longer about a keyboard itself, it’s about a task.

Well, I can add one more reason, it is that it’s okay to be dissatisfied with no reason at all. Maybe it’s a call to think about some stuff, to have a walk of a trip, to meet some people or to find some other activity. Personally I try to be outside as much as I can, but I should mention that I live in a city and there’s no much room in a flat and there’re a lot of streets to walk on.

#478192 - 10/16/19 04:11 PM Re: Pa4x the good, the bad, the ugly [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I called Sweetwater about a Korg PA4X... they told me one will be returned in a couple days, and can be had for $2,200 including a sound bar. I said are you kidding? …….. No way!! I can buy a Yamaha SX900 for less grin

#478196 - 10/16/19 04:28 PM Re: Pa4x the good, the bad, the ugly [Re: Dnj]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By W Tracy Parnell
Originally Posted By tony mads usa
OH MY GOSH !!! ... This even shocked ME !!! surprised

OK, Donny, what where the reasons ??? confused1

Yes, what were the reasons please?

That is easy just do a SZ search of why I got rid of the
previous two Pa4x units ..take care

I just looked through 2 jillion posts and the first time you said it was health issues. The second time you didn't say. No problem, it's your business I was just curious.

#478199 - 10/16/19 05:11 PM Re: Pa4x the good, the bad, the ugly [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Dnj

I also was put back on PRE Order for the Yamaha SX900 when that ever arrives too...

Does that mean that we have to RE-visit hundreds of SX900 videos or will you be providing new ones? BTW, is it true that all your purchases from Sweetwater are automatically shipped with a return label....or did Fran just make that up smile. I think that subconsciously you are looking for a keyboard that automatically posts to Synthzone from a menu of your patented catch phrases ("that meets MY needs", "YOUR very welcome", "just sayin'", etc., etc.). That WOULD lighten your workload.

On a serious note, as someone else already alluded to, are you sure it's really a keyboard you're searching for? Sometimes retirement and the perceived absence of purpose can have some strange and sometimes negative consequences. I'm not big on giving advice but just make sure you do things for the right reason.

chas

#478207 - 10/16/19 07:07 PM Re: Pa4x the good, the bad, the ugly [Re: Dnj]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Welcome back to the Yamaha Camp Donny! With all the enthusiasm for Sx900 that you showed before the Korg decision, you are sure to be pleased with the new "Mini Genos"!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online