SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#47809 - 01/27/03 05:04 PM Using KN-7000 w/o external spkrs at gigs
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I know there is alot of discussion about the improvements in the KN-7000's speaker/amp system. I finally tried a 7000 last week, and agree - the internal sound system is fantastic. It got me to thinking about the possibility of doing some smaller gigs with NO external speakers/amps.

Wondering specifically how many of you are using the 7000 for public performance, and that do some gigs using ONLY the internal speakers. I'm imagining that for smaller venues, and/or situations where the music is supposed to be "background" music, that it might be enough. I have 2 different stereo amp/speaker setups for larger gigs - but would LOVE to *not* have to take them to some of my smaller gigs. Does the KN-7000's internal sound system do a good job of spreading its sound around the room? Does the bass and treble seem to both get out into the room OK?

Thanks for any comments,
Jim

#47810 - 01/28/03 01:56 AM Re: Using KN-7000 w/o external spkrs at gigs
John North Offline

Loc: Alfreton, Derbyshire, England
Hi Jim
Since getting my KN7 in October, I have played 2/3 gigs every week - and only once have I taken any additional amplification and that was for a Large Country Club (Formerly a Miners Welfare)
One of my regular venues is a medium sized pub, where I back singers and they are all quite happy with the mic straight out of the KN7. It's also very easy to balance the volume between singer and keyboard, and even adjust whilst performing.
As for the 'spread' of sound, I think it helps that the speakers are facing up rather than out.
I would certainly recommend that you give it a try - I think you'll be surprised at the result.
John
P.S. Don't for get the old saying - Turn up the Volume as more Volume is drunk

[This message has been edited by John North (edited 01-28-2003).]

#47811 - 01/28/03 12:09 PM Re: Using KN-7000 w/o external spkrs at gigs
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Jim.
I also have used the KN7000 for a karaoke night in a room which holds 100 people and the result was excellent. Both speakers and microphone performed well and were ample for that size of venue. A little bit of reverb on the mic was all that was needed.

Quote:
Originally posted by jimlaing:
I know there is alot of discussion about the improvements in the KN-7000's speaker/amp system. I finally tried a 7000 last week, and agree - the internal sound system is fantastic. It got me to thinking about the possibility of doing some smaller gigs with NO external speakers/amps.

Wondering specifically how many of you are using the 7000 for public performance, and that do some gigs using ONLY the internal speakers. I'm imagining that for smaller venues, and/or situations where the music is supposed to be "background" music, that it might be enough. I have 2 different stereo amp/speaker setups for larger gigs - but would LOVE to *not* have to take them to some of my smaller gigs. Does the KN-7000's internal sound system do a good job of spreading its sound around the room? Does the bass and treble seem to both get out into the room OK?

Thanks for any comments,
Jim

#47812 - 01/29/03 01:52 PM Re: Using KN-7000 w/o external spkrs at gigs
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Thanks for the comments! Sounds like a KN-7000 would serve me well, on the many gigs for which I wouldn't have to bring external amplified speakers!

I do wonder, though, about the loudness (even at great quality) of the KN being so close to my ears - anyone seem to find this a problem? That is, if you "crank it up" to fill a room, and do a several-hour gig, are your ears ringing afterward? I know there's the ear-plug option?!

Thanks,
Jim

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online