SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#49487 - 01/25/03 01:18 AM Recording software
ANDREWHEARNE Offline

Loc: Peterborough, UK
Hello all,

Just wondering those of you who have managed to record a CD from the keyboard to PC Via USB have you had any luck?

I've connected the keyboard to the computer but can't get a response; the USB drivers been installed etc but the system doesn't recognise the keyboard when i press record.

Is there something extra I need to do or haven't I installed it properly.

Thanks

----
Andrew

#49488 - 01/25/03 03:29 AM Re: Recording software
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Andrew, I've done this many times and the results are very good. However, I don't use the Panasonic Audio Recorder - I use a sound editor called Goldwave and it works very well. There have been a few comments about the audio level being a bit low to give reasonable levels for CD, but this is easily corrected when using a sound editor for recording, since the volume level can be increased while the signal is still in the editor.
With reference to your USB problem, do you have any other devices which you can attach to the USB port you are using, to test it's operation? (Printer, Digital Camera etc)Also, are you using the USB port directly from the PC or are you sharing it with any other USB device? Sometimes, you can get conflicts between devices. USB Hubs can sometimes cause problems.
Can you play a sound file on your PC and listen to it through the KN7000 via the USB connection? If you've installed the drivers according to the supplied instructions, then they are probably OK.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#49489 - 01/28/03 09:05 PM Re: Recording software
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Hey willum, can you tell us if the software you mention (Goldwave) is available on the web for download or where it can be purchased? Thanks.

#49490 - 01/29/03 02:24 AM Re: Recording software
Bill Norrie Offline

Hi Ted, The software is available to download from http://www.goldwave.com
The trial version is fully functional but has a couple of minor restrictions. These can be removed by registering on-line for $40. You will then be given a pass code to remove the restrictions and any subsequent updates are free to registered users. It's the best 40 bucks worth I've seen..
There is a full printable Manual included with the package - it's in HTML format and the 'Help' files are also very good.
If you need any assistance just post back or email me.
Cheers

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

#49491 - 01/29/03 05:56 AM Re: Recording software
Lloyd Erickson Offline

Loc: Port Richey, Fl.
Read some reviews about this software and some said this is a very difficult program to use unless you are experienced at this sort of thing.
Mentioning this as so many people buy a program like this and think it is easy to use until they try it.
A trial version is available and I strongly recommend using it to see if you can handle it. Lloyd

#49492 - 01/29/03 08:10 AM Re: Recording software
jaxziel Offline

Loc: Robbinsville,NJ,USA
The inclused Panasonic recorder did not work on my system but Cakewalk Sonar rocks.PG music has an excellant program called power tracks V.8 that more than cover evertything you would want to do both midi and audio.I think it's around $29.95 and you can down load it from thier site www.pgmusic.com. Jax

#49493 - 01/29/03 02:04 PM Re: Recording software
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
To record MP3'S, .Wave , Windows media, or evn Real player format I use Acoustica Audio Mixer. It's simple and cheap( about $20 http://www.acoustica.com/mp3-audio-mixer/index.htm

Just hook up your keyboard to your computer, click on Acoustica, record your song and save it in any of the above formats. You can even do "Voice Over" if desired; that is sing to your recorded performance. For obvious reasons I do not use "Voice Over"

Later burn your songs to CD using any software of your choosing (I use Roxio)

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#49494 - 01/29/03 02:11 PM Re: Recording software
Sparky Offline

Loc: lewiston maine usa
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sparky:
[B]This is as good any a place to mention how I record out, and how I deal with the issue out the line out sound and power is diferent and sharper etc... at the same time
I record out into line in of a BR8 virtual 64 track. 8 over 8 tracks. Now, BR8 as slave to my 6500 as master, I can record out while transducing it down so that a smaller stereo can play loud, low, distorted, etc while the low watt stereo can play what out of a small stereo. normally your kn would blow the stereo speakers right out! Low piano notes would rip this speakers. Actually on rec pause I play my kn65 with kn speakers along with marantz shelf speakers, and hear exactly what it will sound like on a home stereo system,by turning down the kn vol. instead of sending it out a port into something that will play it back differently than you can even guess. And it also solves the problem of wanting a more substancial increase in volume for a large room while setting the onboard effects to whatever I want, and adjust my 2 volumes- kn and marantz amp, to my liking, and I avoid the whole guessing game too. The BR8 multy track that makes this happen costs about 450.00 USED on ebay. Case any you wonder. My marantz, well,,,, Lawn sale, steal at 15 bucks. ha ha The br8 has copy paste, cut, and so many needed features. The br8 is digital so bouncing and mixing tracks down is plenty good with the 8 over 8 tracks. I plan to get the BR10 model when I have the cash. And I will record from one to the other. and it will all sink with the kn.clock. So all tracks will play along with the kn timing/clock. So I record out with all tracks except the one or two I am putting on one or two tracks on th br8. And do this over and over until all the prerecorded kn tracks are on digital br8. Being the br8 is digital, it is still 100 % digital and still altering every tracks effects, treble ,,,on and on later. I then Listen to it on different stereos and go back and alter it to be better on more stereos than just the higher end makes and high watts. leaning towards highfi a bit still. I should have a whole thread for this. I think I will.
Anyone interested ask. Thats it. sorry to edit again! haha but it said anybody interestING instead of anyone interestED ask. That looked pretty bad. LOL No comments/

[This message has been edited by Sparky (edited 01-29-2003).]

[This message has been edited by Sparky (edited 01-29-2003).]

#49495 - 01/29/03 03:32 PM Re: Recording software
Bill Norrie Offline

Quote "Read some reviews about this software and some said this is a very difficult program to use unless you are experienced at this sort of thing."

Hi Lloyd, I can't agree with comments that 'Goldwave' is hard to use. True, it has lots of very advanced features but you don't have to use them if you don't need them. I had never used a wave editor program before and I was making good .wav and mp3 recordings within 30 minutes of downloading.
As well as using it in conjunction with my KN7000, I also use it extensively for transferring my LP collection to CD. It is great for removing the odd click/scratch from the recording and adjusting the levels, before committing to CD

------------------
Willum

Aldous Huxley

#49496 - 01/29/03 06:14 PM Re: Recording software
Mike Daniell Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I frequently play sound effects for theatre productions and for this purpose I downloaded and registered Goldwave several years ago. I am very happy with it - I don't find it at all difficult to use, although I rarely go into areas of modifying sounds. I mainly use it for recording wave files from sound effects CD's, then trimming the file down to include just what I want, adjusting the volume if necessary (there is a handy maximise volume feature), and just occasionally I may add a bit of reverb.

Back in my KN6000 days I put together a CD of my playing, but, of course, had to use the KN6000 line-out as no USB was available. I recorded all my songs with Goldwave and followed the same procedure I use for sound effects files (except that I never added reverb to my KN6000 recordings). The resultant wave files I then burned to CD.

I haven't yet tried recording from my KN7000, but when I do I'll use Goldwave.

Mike

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online