SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#478012 - 10/13/19 11:16 PM Jumpin Jive - awesome dancing and music
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA

#478027 - 10/14/19 07:12 AM Re: Jumpin Jive - awesome dancing and music [Re: Nigel]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I love it, love it, love it. This was my parents generation and they were huge fans. This was a time when musicians could play and dancers could dance. The talent and artistry displayed here may never be seen again, at least not in a local nightclub. This video should be mandatory viewing for every aspiring entertainer these days, if only to show them what first-rate, polished entertainment looks like (and with no electronic help smile ).

Again, fantastic.

chas

#478331 - 10/19/19 02:51 AM Re: Jumpin Jive - awesome dancing and music [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Originally Posted By cgiles
This video should be mandatory viewing for every aspiring entertainer these days, if only to show them what first-rate, polished entertainment looks like (and with no electronic help smile ).

chas

You bet chas this really is true talent. I can watch it over and over and it never gets old.

#479458 - 10/30/19 11:49 PM Re: Jumpin Jive - awesome dancing and music [Re: Nigel]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Nigel
I can watch it over and over and it never gets old.

Yeah....me too Nigel. I watched it a couple of times. It made me stop and think that if there was no Youtube to resurrect these videos and act as a depository for the best of the best of the old time talent....life would be rather dreary!

I watch Fred Astaire a lot.

#479463 - 10/31/19 05:04 AM Re: Jumpin Jive - awesome dancing and music [Re: Nigel]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
You're right Mark. When I was a kid, you caught it once (at the movie) and then it became just a memory. We really ARE blessed these days to be able to see these things anytime and as often as we like. I'm glad so much of it was preserved on film.

chas

#479474 - 10/31/19 08:31 AM Re: Jumpin Jive - awesome dancing and music [Re: cgiles]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Mark. I emailed you about our discussion on cameras. Check it out when you have time.

Thanks,

Russ

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online