SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#476837 - 09/28/19 12:55 PM Remember this one?
Terrysutt Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
https://app.box.com/s/c7bm7p0m70j9yozgnj1ra682rdmo039n

I remember reading a post where someone remarked they hadn`t

heard of Ray Conniff for years.I think this song "Melody Damour"

was recorded by him,I might even have the vynal somewhere.

#476838 - 09/28/19 01:53 PM Re: Remember this one? [Re: Terrysutt]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I kinda remember it, but only vaguely, Terry. Good job.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#476841 - 09/28/19 03:36 PM Re: Remember this one? [Re: Terrysutt]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas

#476842 - 09/28/19 05:41 PM Re: Remember this one? [Re: Terrysutt]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Sure do. Kind of takes me back, to my early childhood, watching those old hit parade shows on my uncle’s new COLOR TV.

COLOR tv being a black and white with some sort of plastic film on the screen,
blue across the top ( for the sky,) pink in the middle ( for the people) and green on the bottom ( for grass) haha

Thank you Terry and Deane, for bringing up a great memory.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#476850 - 09/29/19 06:36 AM Re: Remember this one? [Re: rikkisbears]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
I had the sheet music and played it on my accordion back in '58.
The Ames brothers was the popular version at the time.

Jerryghr

Attachments
561b3bf898ebc_107808b.jpg

Edited by Jerryghr (09/29/19 10:11 AM)

#476851 - 09/29/19 07:05 AM Re: Remember this one? [Re: Jerryghr]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Jerry, I remember that sheet music well ... wink

#476853 - 09/29/19 07:51 AM Re: Remember this one? [Re: Jerryghr]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Jerryghr

Today we can't play this song because Ed Ames (Jewish) would be labeled a racist for playing Mingo , an Indian, 60 years ago in Daniel Boone series.

Jerryghr

Does anyone but me recognize how ridiculous this statement is? First, who is the 'put upon' "WE" and who is this imaginary force that won't allow you to play it....BMI, ASCAP, ??? More importantly, what is the motivation for including it (this statement) in the first place....to fan the flames of anti-liberal (ie. political correctness) sentiment. I'd be willing to bet that 99% of the populace doesn't even know this song, OR Ed Ames, and could care less whether someone played it or not. But hey, why miss an opportunity to stir up some crap where none existed. Hey, who needs Russian BOTS.

I think the inclusion of that statement says more about YOU than it does Ed Ames. BTW, do we throw out all the Elvis tunes as well? If we tossed every tune that was linked to someone associated with racism, the music industry would be devastated; I'm guessing Country music would be hit especially hard.

I'm not 'soapboxing', no matter how much Donny tries to paint me as an 'angry Black man', but I must admit that statements like the one refered to here do irk me and make me feel compelled to speak out. Sorry for the rant but the subtle stuff bothers me even more than the blatant stuff. I hope that at least a few of you understand my feelings. Peace to you all.

chas

#476854 - 09/29/19 08:11 AM Re: Remember this one? [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Originally Posted By Jerryghr

Today we can't play this song because Ed Ames (Jewish) would be labeled a racist for playing Mingo , an Indian, 60 years ago in Daniel Boone series.

Jerryghr

I'm not 'soapboxing', no matter how much Donny tries to paint me as an 'angry Black man',
chas

Chas being angry has nothing to do with race ...
that's only in "YOUR" mind..please show me where I refereed to it as that.
I'm in no mood for your stupid BS as I just buried my 96 yr old Father yesterday. That said you took this nice song post by Terry south as usual with your rhetoric.
The rest I can't say on a public forum to you..

Edited by Dnj (09/29/19 08:12 AM)

#476856 - 09/29/19 09:17 AM Re: Remember this one? [Re: Terrysutt]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Donny, first of all, sorry to hear about your father, my condolences to your family.

My post may be "stupid BS" to you (as many of yours are to me), but it's not to me. Secondly, I didn't take TERRY'S post 'south', I responded to JERRY'S post....see the difference. Oh, and whatever you feel you can't say on a public forum, feel free to PM me. I'll be happy to address your concerns. BTW, whenever you try to use the 'angry' stereotype against a person of color in an effort to demonize that person, it's almost ALWAYS about race. Let's not be naive. Also, I won't be responding to any more posts in this thread so don't waste your energy trying to provoke me.

chas

#476857 - 09/29/19 09:47 AM Re: Remember this one? [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Donny, first of all, sorry to hear about your father, my condolences to your family.

My post may be "stupid BS" to you (as many of yours are to me), but it's not to me. Secondly, I didn't take TERRY'S post 'south', I responded to JERRY'S post....see the difference. Oh, and whatever you feel you can't say on a public forum, feel free to PM me. I'll be happy to address your concerns. BTW, whenever you try to use the 'angry' stereotype against a person of color in an effort to demonize that person, it's almost ALWAYS about race. Let's not be naive. Also, I won't be responding to any more posts in this thread so don't waste your energy trying to provoke me.

chas

Exactly Chas "in Your Mind it always is"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online