SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#476414 - 09/21/19 10:25 AM Now THIS could be a real MONSTER arranger!
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
If Ketron could somehow include their own version of the STUNNING Yamaha Mega guitars along with all effects to the current SD60/9 technology. I cannot imagine a more versatile arranger for now.

Listen to the sound quality of my nearly 10 year old Audya and then to same on my Yamaha PSR S770.

I like my Yamaha more for the ease with which styles could be modified and most definitely for those FANTASTIC guitars. However, I simply CANNOT create the same high quality recordings with it, no matter how hard I try.

Have to reluctantly admit that Dnj's assessment of this was correct as no other demo demonstrates same super recording quality. I was stunned for a while listening to it...

Attachments
Carpenter Audya.mp3 (38 downloads)
Carpenter Yamaha.mp3 (37 downloads)

#476416 - 09/21/19 11:38 AM Re: Now THIS could be a real MONSTER arranger! [Re: Henni]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Henni, I believe that Ketron has been able reproduce some of the best drum samples compared to all the current arranger keyboards. I’m hopeful that the Sx900 will at least be in the same ballpark (at least in the small field next door). Some of the early demos show promise. As far as acoustic guitar samples go...I’ve not been overwhelmed by any arranger keyboard samples. Sure...they can sample single notes...but no real strumming acoustic guitars have been very convincing. I believe Genos comes close...and I’m hopeful that the SX provides some strumming options. Yamaha does do a decent job on electric guitars as did the sd40. I think Yamaha wins out in the electric guitar category though.

As far as recording goes...Yamaha’s psr line has never blown me away with a full and punchy sound that equals Ketron. Again, Yamaha has improved the DAC’s in the new SX series. Let’s hope that will enhance the recording quality of the new SX line.
JM

#476471 - 09/22/19 12:05 PM Re: Now THIS could be a real MONSTER arranger! [Re: jingleman]
Henni Offline

Managed to get it much better - not same as Ketron but MUCH closer this time round. Demos attached.

Attachments
Diamonds.mp3 (13 downloads)
Rose.mp3 (14 downloads)

#476474 - 09/22/19 12:35 PM Re: Now THIS could be a real MONSTER arranger! [Re: Henni]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Henni the two things I observed on "Carpenter" are:
-The Yamaha instrumental accompaniment is just as clear, but lower in volume compared to the Ketron.
-The VOCALS on the Yamaha aren't as clear. They sound like they might be over-processed with some kind of effects?

I'm not a pro and I don't sing. Plus I'm listening to this on crappy laptop speakers. So, FWIW. -Ted

#476477 - 09/22/19 01:07 PM Re: Now THIS could be a real MONSTER arranger! [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I have my Audya setup with my SD40, S970, and Pa4X, and not having used the Audya in a while, I had forgotten how good the sound is.. Audya was the last Ketron model to have uncompressed sound according to AJ.

#476478 - 09/22/19 01:11 PM Re: Now THIS could be a real MONSTER arranger! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Hi Ted,

'Fraid I always had a hard time setting up anything to do with vocals. I just cannot get the knack of it. I pretty much rely totally on the supplied presets.

Yes, it is clearly overly processed. On the Ketron, AJ did a superb job of setting the vocal effects just right and I use most of it as is. It works extremely well for Monica's voice.

I am always amazed at the various song competitions when Monica uses the supplied Mic plus setup (the quality is just so stunning!) - It seems like getting this right is an art on it's own.

Anyway, thank you so much for your feedback my kind friend,

Henni

Hi Bernie,

I totally agree with your statement - recordings are superb on the Audya straight as recorded live. No tweaking whatsoever required afterwards. I took it for granred that this would also be so with all the later Ketron models. Seems as if the Audya really was in a class of it's own & maybe still is in certain aspects.

Henni

#476485 - 09/22/19 01:51 PM Re: Now THIS could be a real MONSTER arranger! [Re: Henni]
Bachus Offline

Makes me think...

Anyone tried using a genos/psr in combination with a sd90..
It should be possible to trigger them both(styleplay) at the same time

http://keyszone.boards.net

#476486 - 09/22/19 02:02 PM Re: Now THIS could be a real MONSTER arranger! [Re: Henni]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
There was someone a couple days ago that posted on the Ketron forum.. He uses a Genos and a SD90.. He was having a problem syncing the two together without a latency issue.

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/476472/Re:_Midi_controller_vs_Genos_o#Post476472

Edited by Fran Carango (09/22/19 02:06 PM)

#476645 - 09/24/19 10:11 AM Re: Now THIS could be a real MONSTER arranger! [Re: Fran Carango]
Henni Offline

I think I've at last nailed the vocal settings on my baby Yamaha - recording quality now much improved over the previous attempts.

Attachments
Father God.mp3 (10 downloads)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online