SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#476424 - 09/21/19 12:53 PM Re: Genos/SX900 Comparison by UK Company [Re: saxxman]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
That was a great buy on the Genos! Congrats Bachus!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#476425 - 09/21/19 01:00 PM Re: Genos/SX900 Comparison by UK Company [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Dnj
GENOS2 Winter NAMM?

Its 2 years old now..

According to Peter Baartmans the lifespan will be atleast 5 years..
They will keep patching it for the next 3 years..

Rumor says we will see the sx900’s chord looper in the upcomming Oktober update for Genos.

5 years.....that's nuts surprised

#476427 - 09/21/19 01:05 PM Re: Genos/SX900 Comparison by UK Company [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Any keyboard designed to be Top of the line...will have at least a 5 year run... any improvements with a quality designed instrument will be soft updates.

I must say this Yamaha with the Tyros,1,2,3,4,and 5 set a a poor example.

Yamaha psr speaks for itself(terrible).

Korg is not far behind with so many PAX models..

They are just not thought out to contend as Top models.

My thoughts are that the Genos may be the first Yamaha arranger that merits a top rating.

Edited by Fran Carango (09/21/19 01:17 PM)

#476428 - 09/21/19 01:11 PM Re: Genos/SX900 Comparison by UK Company [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Dnj
GENOS2 Winter NAMM?

Its 2 years old now..

Rumor says we will see the sx900’s chord looper in the upcomming Oktober update for Genos.

5 years.....that's nuts surprised

Thats not nuts, that is reallity..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#476430 - 09/21/19 01:27 PM Re: Genos/SX900 Comparison by UK Company [Re: Bachus]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Dnj
GENOS2 Winter NAMM?

Its 2 years old now..

Hi Bachus, read something on chord looper too, great that they should be able to do it as a firmware update..

I did a bit more checking on Genos prices , it appears that have dropped here too . Started at at $6999, but can pick up as low as about $5,5 99. Still a far cry from the roughly $2500 , I’ll be able to get the sx for. If I left it for a couple of years I’d get it cheaper again. I remember I didn’t buy my psrs950 when it first got released, saved $100’s a year or two later.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#476442 - 09/22/19 02:29 AM Re: Genos/SX900 Comparison by UK Company [Re: saxxman]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
We have come to the point with arrangers where the law of diminishing returns has hit hard, therefore constant upgrades are just too expensive for a minimal upgrade, (If you compare the SX900 to the S970, while it is better, it is not that much better unless you are a die hard Yamaha fan and need an excuse to change) hence the slow down in new model launches.

Bill

#476453 - 09/22/19 07:56 AM Re: Genos/SX900 Comparison by UK Company [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
We have come to the point with arrangers where the law of diminishing returns has hit hard, therefore constant upgrades are just too expensive for a minimal upgrade, (If you compare the SX900 to the S970, while it is better, it is not that much better unless you are a die hard Yamaha fan and need an excuse to change) hence the slow down in new model launches.

Bill

Well said Bill and very true!!

#476500 - 09/22/19 07:57 PM Re: Genos/SX900 Comparison by UK Company [Re: saxxman]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By saxxman
Dave -- can't wait til they get that guy with "Lucielle".... Man that guy had some bad stuff comin'! Just sayin'.....

YEAH! Negan sux. Pure Evil.

#476502 - 09/22/19 08:17 PM Re: Genos/SX900 Comparison by UK Company [Re: Uncle Dave]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By Graham UK
I always want AFTER-TOUCH on my boards which the SX900 does not have.

Playing so much manual bass makes aftertouch a negative for me. Since the entire keybed responds, the velocity changes I make with my left hand would affect the sound on my right. Thankfully, for my style of play - it's mostly chord changes in the right hand, and aftertouch is not something I need for expression.
Won't be long now, people - I'll be one the the first SX club members in the US. Bring on the 900.
Until it gets here - Season 9 of "The Walking Dead" is keeping me busy, and VERY entertained.

Not a factor... simply make sure after touch is not in use with the manual bass .

Also velocity is not after touch smile

Edited by Fran Carango (09/22/19 08:18 PM)

#476507 - 09/22/19 08:58 PM Re: Genos/SX900 Comparison by UK Company [Re: Fran Carango]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By Fran Carango
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By Graham UK
I always want AFTER-TOUCH on my boards which the SX900 does not have.

Playing so much manual bass makes aftertouch a negative for me. Since the entire keybed responds, the velocity changes I make with my left hand would affect the sound on my right. Thankfully, for my style of play - it's mostly chord changes in the right hand, and aftertouch is not something I need for expression.
Won't be long now, people - I'll be one the the first SX club members in the US. Bring on the 900.
Until it gets here - Season 9 of "The Walking Dead" is keeping me busy, and VERY entertained.

Not a factor... simply make sure after touch is not in use with the manual bass .

Also velocity is not after touch smile

The LH changes in pressure (initial, and after) affect the other RH sounds too. I fyou shut off after touch in all tones, you're paying for something you don't use.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online