SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#4763 - 09/07/03 06:02 PM Synthzone link/URL to product reference wrong?
Anonymous
Unregistered

The following URL:
http://www.synthzone.com/sampling.htm

states the following up in the header section "SLICELINE DJ/Remix utility is freeware beta software for Window featuring a tap tempo and BPM to sample/BPM to seconds converter.", however, when I click on the link it takes me to some band page (http://www.ctrl-x.net/) ??

I can't find any mention of this product on the web either.

#4764 - 09/07/03 11:18 PM Re: Synthzone link/URL to product reference wrong?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
It looks like they stopped distributing it. As it was freeware software that came and went it is not surprising there is no mention of it on the web. I'll look into it anyway and see if I can find out anything. But I will remove that link.

#4765 - 09/08/03 12:17 AM Re: Synthzone link/URL to product reference wrong?
Anonymous
Unregistered

3des, Welcome to this board and thanks for the informative on the link that went bunk. It's most likely that Sliceline DJ got very heavy hits from this and perhaps other sites and went over their bandwidth allowance. It seems to happen very often because many that provide web services for folks dont like it when all it really becomes, is a download site.
I can tell you this much, if it's on the web then Nigel will find it. I will check my resources as well and attempt to bring the freeware to a local drive

#4766 - 09/09/03 08:11 PM Re: Synthzone link/URL to product reference wrong?
Anonymous
Unregistered

Much appreciated.. basically I was drawn to that particular link because it mentioned "tap tempo" functionality: I'm looking for some way to easily set and identify a tempo of a sampled song segment for matching to loops or Acidized beats, e.g. a segment that doesn't have easily identified rhthymic qualities... I could count it out and guestimate (avg beats/15sec x 4 = BMP), but I was hoping to find something easier for setting a track tempo for a remix I want to do on an old 70's soul track. ..the tool mentioned in that link seemed to do that (p.s. my main tool is Acid Pro 4.0, though I did try the "tap" functionality in Sonar XL to no avail)

Perhaps I should post this specific question in a different group or thread?

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online