SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#476217 - 09/18/19 01:10 PM Re: OT Opinion, Why do older Bands keep touring? [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Donny
Funny you should say that. The guy I sold my JBL505's to is a part time bass player and had a small classic rock trio. Now he announced he's starting a Neil Diamond tribute band. Believe me , I don't know where he thinks he can book it . Maybe a one shot deal at one of the large Hilton Head resorts but thats it. A gig or two in Savannah and Charleston ? There's very little work for bands in general and it better be classic rock or nothing. I'd love nothing better than to do a small tribute band featuring Rascals tunes and others of that style.

Let a Good agent figure the venues out for the group.....
you worry about performing a great show..as long as he looks and sounds like Neil your good to go if the band can back him with great musicians..

#476219 - 09/18/19 02:24 PM Re: OT Opinion, Why do older Bands keep touring? [Re: Bill Lewis]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Jerry ... we have a couple of theaters here in RI that book similar shows - lots of tribute bands ...

Bill ... I mentioned once before that we saw Gene and Felix as surprise guest stars during a Billy Joel concert in NY a while back ... He said they were a major influence on him, and he thought the 'Young Rascals' were the best band he ever heard ...

As for your friend starting a ND tribute band, perhaps he has an agent and is ready to travel?

#476221 - 09/18/19 04:36 PM Re: OT Opinion, Why do older Bands keep touring? [Re: Bill Lewis]
Crossover Offline

Edited by Crossover (09/18/19 04:41 PM)

#476222 - 09/18/19 04:44 PM Re: OT Opinion, Why do older Bands keep touring? [Re: Bill Lewis]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Tony
Gene C mentioned that Concert in his book and said Billy Joel had invited them and was very nice. Speaking of Tribute bands Billy Joel used to play Hammond in a semi Rascals trubute band, The Hassels.
I beleive it was at that concert that Billy recorded his version of "Hey Girl" WOW Better than the original !!!! Check it out on Youtube and you'll catch Felix at the B3.
BYW Felix borrowed my B3 for a gig. Still have the autographed playbill in my collection.

I don't think the guy with the ND tribute can travel much, he owns a large liquor store on Hilton Head.

#476223 - 09/18/19 07:04 PM Re: OT Opinion, Why do older Bands keep touring? [Re: Crossover]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA

#476224 - 09/18/19 07:09 PM Re: OT Opinion, Why do older Bands keep touring? [Re: Bill Lewis]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Tony
Gene C mentioned that Concert in his book and said Billy Joel had invited them and was very nice. Speaking of Tribute bands Billy Joel used to play Hammond in a semi Rascals trubute band, The Hassels.
I beleive it was at that concert that Billy recorded his version of "Hey Girl" WOW Better than the original !!!! Check it out on Youtube and you'll catch Felix at the B3.
BYW Felix borrowed my B3 for a gig. Still have the autographed playbill in my collection.

I don't think the guy with the ND tribute can travel much, he owns a large liquor store on Hilton Head.

Hey Bill, you may remember Just in Time doing this arrangement at Alfies or CrabTrap..

I recorded this using the Roland G1000 (you had 3 of them) smile

Also recorded the backing vocals, like I did with the bands other material..

Here is the band website, I deleted my photos and info from the site, and Chris was my replacement on keys when I left..

http://justintimeband.homestead.com/index.html

Attachments
125Hey girl4v.mp3 (23 downloads)

Edited by Fran Carango (09/18/19 07:16 PM)

#476231 - 09/19/19 05:13 AM Re: OT Opinion, Why do older Bands keep touring? [Re: Crossover]
Bill Lewis Offline

#476234 - 09/19/19 05:55 AM Re: OT Opinion, Why do older Bands keep touring? [Re: Fran Carango]
Bill Lewis Offline

Fran
Nice work. I really love this song since hearing BJs version and put in on my "gym list" of tunes to play while walking. I knew the. G1000 was a good machine I wish you would of taught me more about it.

#476244 - 09/19/19 07:44 AM Re: OT Opinion, Why do older Bands keep touring? [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Here you go Bill enjoy..

#476249 - 09/19/19 08:26 AM Re: OT Opinion, Why do older Bands keep touring? [Re: Bill Lewis]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I'm not gonna completely slam those guys, but I'll just say ... I'm not a fan. Lead vocals are weak, and labored. He needs to relax.The whole thing sounds ... tired.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online