SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#476006 - 09/14/19 08:49 AM New Fantom Video by Bonners
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada
Enjoy! smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqqZxtrXRKY

Finally, a demo that does not focus on synth sounds exclusively.

Edited by Mikem (09/14/19 08:54 AM)

#476007 - 09/14/19 09:18 AM Re: New Fantom Video by Bonners [Re: Mikem]
Mikem Offline

Tony says that each rhythm has an intro, two verses, a couple of fills and an ending. This is interesting, because it approaches what an arranger can do.

#476008 - 09/14/19 09:24 AM Re: New Fantom Video by Bonners [Re: Mikem]
Dnj Offline

did you order one?

#476011 - 09/14/19 10:12 AM Re: New Fantom Video by Bonners [Re: Mikem]
Mikem Offline

When I first heard about it, I was very excited, and wondered how it would fit in with an arranger. However, when I saw all the demos, I realized that even though it's a very nice keyboard, it's not for me. So, to answer your question, no, I did not order one.

I was disappointed that it uses old Roland sounds like the ones in the XV5080 (and others), and not the latest ones like from the Integra-7 and newly sampled ones.

For me, I think the PSR-SX900 coupled with the MODX will be the best fit. Unless something else comes out soon. smile

#476012 - 09/14/19 11:25 AM Re: New Fantom Video by Bonners [Re: Mikem]
Crossover Offline

Originally Posted By Mikem

When I first heard about it, I was very excited, and wondered how it would fit in with an arranger. However, when I saw all the demos, I realized that even though it's a very nice keyboard, it's not for me. So, to answer your question, no, I did not order one.

I was disappointed that it uses old Roland sounds like the ones in the XV5080 (and others), and not the latest ones like from the Integra-7 and newly sampled ones.

For me, I think the PSR-SX900 coupled with the MODX will be the best fit. Unless something else comes out soon. smile

The AX sounds are probably new acoustic sounds, coming from the 2018 keytar. But of course it‘s by far not the amount of new acoustic sound material one would hope for.
Aren‘t you thinking about adding a V3 Sonority XXL module? Even if the symphonic strings are not as great as hoped for, a lot of sounds are excellent. Sometimes I miss the possibility do edit things like amplitude envelopes though...

#476014 - 09/14/19 11:38 AM Re: New Fantom Video by Bonners [Re: Crossover]
Mikem Offline

Originally Posted By Crossover

The AX sounds are probably new acoustic sounds, coming from the 2018 keytar. But of course it‘s by far not the amount of new acoustic sound material one would hope for.
Aren‘t you thinking about adding a V3 Sonority XXL module? Even if the symphonic strings are not as great as hoped for, a lot of sounds are excellent. Sometimes I miss the possibility do edit things like amplitude envelopes though...

I was thinking of getting the PSR-S975, but then, the PSR-SX900 came out. I didn't like the keys of the 975, so I'm glad the SX900 has considerable better keys. I would've hated having to get another keyboard just for the keys.

Concerning strings, I've heard your V3 Sonority demos on YouTube, and I liked some of the orchestral sounds, but if I get both the SX900 and the MODX, with the ability to add orchestral libraries, I should be fine. Of course, if I were rich, I'd get the Kurzweil PC3A and the Integra-7 for their string sounds, plus the Montage for its clear acoustic sounds, and also the Genos . . . and who knows what else?!! smile

I have to work with a budget . . . one that will not displease my better half! smile

Edited by Mikem (09/14/19 11:40 AM)

#476026 - 09/15/19 01:26 AM Re: New Fantom Video by Bonners [Re: Crossover]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Crossover

The AX sounds are from the keytar indeed..
I think they are a step backwards from the super natural sounds

However Ed Diaz said they will be adding the super natural acoustic sounds soon..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#476028 - 09/15/19 03:30 AM Re: New Fantom Video by Bonners [Re: Bachus]
Mikem Offline

The AX sounds are from the keytar indeed..
I think they are a step backwards from the super natural sounds

However Ed Diaz said they will be adding the super natural acoustic sounds soon.. [/quote]

That's very good news indeed! Thanks for the info, Bachus! smile

#476029 - 09/15/19 03:51 AM Re: New Fantom Video by Bonners [Re: Mikem]
Mikem Offline

Here's an interesting new video showing, like he says, "the good, the bad and the ugly". smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGSFuVhUhsw

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online