SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#475874 - 09/11/19 10:34 AM OT: Robert Bartha Live (Wersi) in 1 Hr
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#475893 - 09/11/19 12:45 PM Re: OT: Robert Bartha Live (Wersi) in 1 Hr [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

Even with this excellent performance, .....many in the audience are thinking Karaoke of some kind to hear all that music coming out of that box....or will ask "hey you got you are my sunshine" in that thing?...
and who can blame them and why should they really know about the technology that goes into an arranger kb anyway? Or maybe they should hand out blindfolds before the performance so they can close their eyes & really appreciate the SOUND and not judge how....

that said well done playing by Robert..

#475896 - 09/11/19 01:19 PM Re: OT: Robert Bartha Live (Wersi) in 1 Hr [Re: abacus]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
No one with any understanding of musical instruments will think "Karaoke" or even Arranger play or tracks..

It is live with 4 real time parts being played.. with some layers..

Folks that played organ over the years have no problem understanding his performance.

#475897 - 09/11/19 01:25 PM Re: OT: Robert Bartha Live (Wersi) in 1 Hr [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
No one with any understanding of musical instruments will think "Karaoke" or even Arranger play or tracks..

It is live with 4 real time parts being played.. with some layers..

Folks that played organ over the years have no problem understanding his performance.

Until you ask them what was going on in the performance...

#475900 - 09/11/19 01:52 PM Re: OT: Robert Bartha Live (Wersi) in 1 Hr [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
At one time I traveled from West Palm Beach to Orlando for the annual organ concert. They demoed the leading organs, Wersi being number one. Every type of music from classical, jazz, and rock. Before they were using registrations, it was fantastic to watch their hands play and make changes. One performer played the Flight of the Bumble Bee with the bass pedals.

I never thought for one minute that their performance was recorded. As the years past registrations were used, and then recorded backings. Then the organ became something else.

I had a Wersi Delta 500 organ in my home, and a smaller Wersi organ that allowed me to remove the top part and used it as a keyboard.

John C.

#475903 - 09/11/19 02:48 PM Re: OT: Robert Bartha Live (Wersi) in 1 Hr [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123
At one time I traveled from West Palm Beach to Orlando for the annual organ concert. They demoed the leading organs, Wersi being number one. Every type of music from classical, jazz, and rock. Before they were using registrations, it was fantastic to watch their hands play and make changes. One performer played the Flight of the Bumble Bee with the bass pedals.

I never thought for one minute that their performance was recorded. As the years past registrations were used, and then recorded backings. Then the organ became something else.

I had a Wersi Delta 500 organ in my home, and a smaller Wersi organ that allowed me to remove the top part and used it as a keyboard.

John C.

John didn't you realize it was automatic styles/rhythm played over?

Edited by Dnj (09/11/19 02:58 PM)

#475917 - 09/11/19 05:40 PM Re: OT: Robert Bartha Live (Wersi) in 1 Hr [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Sorry Donny, I worked in an organ store, and took some organ lessons from the teacher, who became a close friend, and he did not play over a style. The drums were the only automatic thing. Bass, right hand, left hand, and auto drums, no style.

I attended a work shop with organist Hector Olivera. He spent 25 minutes setting up one song. Nothing automatic, just instrument and volume changes. On occasions he changed some chords.

But – as time progressed, they began to play over styles/rhythms.
John C.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online