SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#47515 - 11/18/02 04:31 PM Jazz Chord Recognition Paradox (Technics vs Yamaha)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...

#47516 - 11/19/02 04:31 AM Re: Jazz Chord Recognition Paradox (Technics vs Yamaha)
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi Scottyee,
I read your post. I don't play in fingered mode (unhappily to my playingskill ) but there is a way to handle your 'problem'. When you play in pianistmode it is possible to use a 'splitted' keyboard (ie. 3 octaves left with piano and 2 octaves with vibraphone or whatever). The way to do it is working with a 'layered keyboard'. With this feature you can 'design' your keyboard with the max of 4 different sounds over the 5 octaves at the same time.
The keyboard keeps on handling the chords in full mode.
You can 'design' your keyboardlayer in: 1.programmenu 2.sound edit 3.tone
As an example I've made an sound, called PianoVibra_layer. This gives you the possibility to play the piano on 3 left octaves and the vibra on 2 right octaves.
If you wish you can download this sound from my homepage ( http://home.planet.nl/~cels under button Synthzone: KN7000-stuff)
Best regards
Cees.
-----------

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:

I prefer playing piano in full keyboard mode with both hands utilizing numerous jazz chord voicings. Then when its time to take an instrumental solo, I want to be able to switch to split keyboard mode, continuing to the play jazz chords with the piano sound in the left hand while soloing in the right hand on vibes, jazz guitar or whatever.

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/005157.html

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 11-19-2002).]

[This message has been edited by cees (edited 11-19-2002).]

#47517 - 11/19/02 05:05 AM Re: Jazz Chord Recognition Paradox (Technics vs Yamaha)
cees Offline

Thanks to your post, Scottyee, I've noticed that I'v been grown from junior to member Yippeee .
With this promotion I can come home again..
Cees

#47518 - 11/19/02 10:02 AM Re: Jazz Chord Recognition Paradox (Technics vs Yamaha)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Cees: MANY thanks for sharing your ingeninuity in acheiving split voices in 'full keyboard (pianist)' mode. I somehow now recall remember doing this on my KN5000 now.

BTW: Congratualtions on graduating from Junior to Memeber.

#47519 - 11/19/02 10:29 AM Re: Jazz Chord Recognition Paradox (Technics vs Yamaha)
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Cees, or anybody that can help!!!

All the zip files on your site I can download with no problem. By the way you’ve got a great home page. It’s those .ast files I am having trouble with. When I download them the only thing that comes up is a page full of stuff that I can not transfer to a floppy. I have a Macintosh computer and is that what is giving me the problem? I’m at a complete loss. What is an .ast file and how can I do something with them. HELP! HELP!! HELP!!! PLEASE!!!!

Doug

#47520 - 11/19/02 10:30 AM Re: Jazz Chord Recognition Paradox (Technics vs Yamaha)
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Cees, or anybody that can help!!!

All the zip files on your site I can download with no problem. By the way you’ve got a great home page. It’s those .ast files I am having trouble with. When I download them the only thing that comes up is a page full of stuff that I can not transfer to a floppy. I have a Macintosh computer and is that what is giving me the problem? I’m at a complete loss. What is an .ast file and how can I do something with them. HELP! HELP!! HELP!!! PLEASE!!!!

Doug

#47521 - 11/19/02 10:44 AM Re: Jazz Chord Recognition Paradox (Technics vs Yamaha)
cees Offline

Hello Doug,
The files that you've downloaded are in *****.ast format (=custom-files). They are not zipped. After downloading and copied on a disc you can load them into the CUSTOM of the KN7 (Doug, please use: custom style load/save in the disk-menu)
I hope this information will help you?
I'm sorry I can't help you with the Mac, my knowledge is not good enough for that. Pherhaps someone else could help you if the Mac give problems with this.
Best greetings,
Cees
-----------------------

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online