SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#474755 - 08/19/19 02:54 PM MIDI to MP3 Question
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I know a few of you have moved from using SMF/MIDI files to mp3. May I ask how you are making those conversions? Must I play the midi file while recording it as an mp3 or is there software that will do this? Thanks.

Edited by cassp (08/19/19 02:56 PM)

#474756 - 08/19/19 03:36 PM Re: MIDI to MP3 Question [Re: cassp]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Hi Cass - here is an option for an auto-conversion that does reasonably well. The NCH tools are all safe and reliable:

https://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html

The end product (MP3) will only be as good as the sound engine used during the conversion process. I have always gotten the best results opening the MIDI's on my Yammie keyboard and tweaking the various instruments to my liking and then recording it from there.

Good luck and have fun!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#474773 - 08/20/19 08:25 AM Re: MIDI to MP3 Question [Re: cassp]
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Thanks for the link, Randy. I’ll give it a try, but I think the s975 sounds will be superior to to the program’s. When you record from the Yammie do you use the resident recorder or offload to a different recorder?

#474782 - 08/20/19 10:49 AM Re: MIDI to MP3 Question [Re: cassp]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Cass - I have had excellent results recording directly on the keyboard. I have on occasion recorded directly to the PC (Mixcraft Pro Studio) app and also got great results. Also, I definitely agree - the Yammie voices will be superior to what most if not all the automated converters use. Have fun!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online