SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#474344 - 08/08/19 12:30 PM Re: PA700 Organ Bossa style.... [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Nice job Paul thank you for sharing your work...
I'm a big Fan! clap
So nice to have people talk with their playing.

#474348 - 08/08/19 01:34 PM Re: PA700 Organ Bossa style.... [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
And, No Tony, I'm not kidding - it's called ad liibbing: Short for ad libitum. A term used in jazz music as a slang for an improvised solo, or a solo performed without written notation, but where the performer improvises a melody based around the melodic and harmonic structure of the original melody.
All the best,
Gary cool

Gary I'm fully aware of what ad lib means ... I often do it, but because of my limited music theory training I stick the the original chord structure and 'play off' the melody line ...
When someone 'takes off' on the chord structure, and it sounds bad, well then that's what it is - BAD ... I don't care if the person is OMB or a seasoned 'PRO' ...
Your response to Mel implied that you don't know if the chords are correct but that's fine because your audience doesn't know either, and when Donny answered that that was a "GREAT POST" I couldn't believe that those comments were coming from two people who made their living playing music !!! ...

Gary, check your PM ...

Edited by tony mads usa (08/08/19 01:40 PM)
Edit Reason: typo

#474351 - 08/08/19 01:51 PM Re: PA700 Organ Bossa style.... [Re: tony mads usa]
Terrysutt Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
https://app.box.com/s/ro1ylam2paut4egl8g9tyy65bu9vbuey

Donny,the only "Organ Bossa"style I could find on the E80

was on the external memory card,so it could be from anywhere

so probably not a Roland style.I have 1812 styles on the memory

card so it could be any brand.

#474352 - 08/08/19 02:04 PM Re: PA700 Organ Bossa style.... [Re: Terrysutt]
Dnj Offline

Terry wow that was very interesting in a one note Sambaish kind of way... I really liked it... Thanx for sharing with us. headphone

#474355 - 08/08/19 02:44 PM Re: PA700 Organ Bossa style.... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony, you have a PM.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#474356 - 08/08/19 07:58 PM Re: PA700 Organ Bossa style.... [Re: DonM]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Wow, Wow, 64 replies and 628 views. Let nobody question the value of Donny on this forum. Us old guys, that’s anyone over 60, can take a simple thought and turn it into a circus. And that ain’t all bad, as long as we never forget is that all we have is are own personal opinions.

“The right chords” Now what is that? There is no such thing as the right chords. The right chords for you are the right chords. When we play, we are telling a story, and we are allowed to use whatever chords we wish to use.

64 replies and 628 views, Donny, don’t go nowhere, John C.

PS, a thank you for all those that gave their opinions.

#474357 - 08/08/19 08:05 PM Re: PA700 Organ Bossa style.... [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123
Wow, Wow, 64 replies and 628 views. Let nobody question the value of Donny on this forum. Us old guys, that’s anyone over 60, can take a simple thought and turn it into a circus. And that ain’t all bad, as long as we never forget is that all we have is are own personal opinions.

“The right chords” Now what is that? There is no such thing as the right chords. The right chords for you are the right chords. When we play, we are telling a story, and we are allowed to use whatever chords we wish to use.

64 replies and 628 views, Donny, don’t go nowhere, John C.

PS, a thank you for all those that gave their opinions.

Great post! ...
Thank you John

#474358 - 08/08/19 08:12 PM Re: PA700 Organ Bossa style.... [Re: tony mads usa]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Tony, Bosa Nova are gentile, they are used many times to tell love stories. And you are right about Summer Samba being exciting and busy, Latin music cover every emotion you can think of.

Their ballads are the slowest, and their fast music makes you dance.
Latins are emotional people, it's displayed in their music.
John C.

#474360 - 08/08/19 08:39 PM Re: PA700 Organ Bossa style.... [Re: bruno123]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA

John, on this we will have to agree to disagree ...
The right chords are the chords the composer gave us to use ... yes, we are telling a story, but we telling the story as written by the composer ... If someone is playing "Misty" I want to hear the chords Errol Garner wrote ...
JMHO

#474361 - 08/08/19 09:27 PM Re: PA700 Organ Bossa style.... [Re: tony mads usa]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By tony mads usa

John, on this we will have to agree to disagree ...
The right chords are the chords the composer gave us to use ... yes, we are telling a story, but we telling the story as written by the composer ... If someone is playing "Misty" I want to hear the chords Errol Garner wrote ...
JMHO

I do see your point Tony, but a musician that has a good understanding of harmonic structure can use all sorts of substitution chords and even reharmoize a song.
We have all have probably heard great jazz pianists do very sophisticated version of simple pop tunes. Sometimes it can be quite effective.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Page 7 of 10 < 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online