SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#473323 - 07/22/19 09:04 AM Yamaha Style Compare
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Loc: New Symrna Beach, Fl.
Before we jump in I do have to say that we still don’t fully understand the various Yamaha styles types. PSR, vs. Tyros vs. Genos. Over on the http://www.psrtutorial.com site, where we downloaded this style it says it’s a Genos style yet we found this style on a Tyros5 (Yes, a real keyboard).

So, we are not going to say anything other than it’s a Yamaha style. We recorded this Yamaha style on a Tyros5 and also the same Yamaha style on OAX after it was converted. There was no processing done on either file. What you hear is exactly as it sounded on each unit. The only thing we did was an attempt to get the volumes levels reasonably close to each other.

Comments on which you prefer?

https://soundcloud.com/immusic/sets/bossa_rio-style-compare-yamahaoax

#473329 - 07/22/19 10:13 AM Re: Yamaha Style Compare [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
What on earth is going on with Wersi, it’s not even close; I hope others are significantly better or I suggest you ask for your money back. (Wersi just appears to be getting worse and worse with every update since the V2.00 update disaster)

Bill

#474186 - 08/05/19 01:29 PM Re: Yamaha Style Compare [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
What on earth is going on with Wersi, it’s not even close; I hope others are significantly better or I suggest you ask for your money back. (Wersi just appears to be getting worse and worse with every update since the V2.00 update disaster)

Bill

The yamaha guitars are straight out brilliant...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#474202 - 08/06/19 02:39 AM Re: Yamaha Style Compare [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
you can hear that the sound engine of Wersi is out-dated , if its using Vst samples it would be much better , but it need than a real big and expensive computer to get that, it is made for the organ sounds and for the "older" users who can afford such a expensive instrument
i think the market for the big expensive organs is gone , the younger people all want to be a succesfull DJ , turning knobs while playing a Mp3 and strech youre arm to call out loud that you are a musician rocker

I, smile

#474206 - 08/06/19 05:26 AM Re: Yamaha Style Compare [Re: Impuls]
abacus Offline

Originally Posted By Impuls
you can hear that the sound engine of Wersi is out-dated , if its using Vst samples it would be much better , but it need than a real big and expensive computer to get that, it is made for the organ sounds and for the "older" users who can afford such a expensive instrument
i think the market for the big expensive organs is gone , the younger people all want to be a succesfull DJ , turning knobs while playing a Mp3 and strech youre arm to call out loud that you are a musician rocker

I, smile

The sound engine is a VST, (It was used by Steinberg) as is the Hammond Organ emulation (VB3), it also comes with a VST 3 Host as standard complete with an i7 CPU and 16GB Ram + NVMe SSD, so plenty powerful enough, however since the V2.00-00 update last year it now sounds crap and like a £50 Casio. (Best avoided till they get it sorted as its technological potential is way beyond any of the current arranger keyboards)

As you mention organs and arranger keyboards are completely different instruments (Although they do have similarities) thus features are aimed at the respective market. (Organs are a niche market, but demand is still there as users find that the one button and everything is done for you of an arranger is ultimately less satisfying then doing it yourself)

Fingers crossed that Wersi get their act together, but so far it doesn’t look promising, so better looking elsewhere.

It’s VST and feature potential is best shown here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ_QO0l4rV9zfPacRKCIAJw (Expand the screen so you can read the text) however there is nothing shown of the recent V2.50-01 update as it is too early.

Bill

#478995 - 10/26/19 05:46 AM Re: Yamaha Style Compare [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

I, smile

The sound engine is a VST, (It was used by Steinberg) as is the Hammond Organ emulation (VB3), it also comes with a VST 3 Host as standard complete with an i7 CPU and 16GB Ram + NVMe SSD, so plenty powerful enough, however since the V2.00-00 update last year it now sounds crap and like a £50 Casio. (Best avoided till they get it sorted as its technological potential is way beyond any of the current arranger keyboards)

As you mention organs and arranger keyboards are completely different instruments (Although they do have similarities) thus features are aimed at the respective market. (Organs are a niche market, but demand is still there as users find that the one button and everything is done for you of an arranger is ultimately less satisfying then doing it yourself)

Fingers crossed that Wersi get their act together, but so far it doesn’t look promising, so better looking elsewhere.

It’s VST and feature potential is best shown here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ_QO0l4rV9zfPacRKCIAJw (Expand the screen so you can read the text) however there is nothing shown of the recent V2.50-01 update as it is too early.

Bill

I played the latest 2.6 OAX1 today, at the dutch Wersi dealer..
The new Yamaha styles oded really good..
It even covers all the mega voices..
Loved how the freeplay styles worked.

Soundwise i think Wersi is right on par...
The VST’s option puts it on top of the field in my opinion..
Not just as an Organ, but also as a duall manuall arranger.

And if it wasn’t for the price, my wife would have forced me to buy one..
From her perspective they look incredible and there is no cable clutter..

Anyway, the model i played was loaded with VST’s..
Strangely they where never touched in the demo..
Untill i asked for them..

I think the new Yamaha and Roland styles, make the Wersi OAX1 much much more attractive as an arranger..

#479040 - 10/27/19 07:09 AM Re: Yamaha Style Compare [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus

I, smile

Bill

I think the new Yamaha and Roland styles, make the Wersi OAX1 much much more attractive as an arranger..

Have you tried out Bohm yet as they have a Yamaha Style convertor included as standard https://www.jvm-music.nl/

Bill

#479345 - 10/30/19 09:49 AM Re: Yamaha Style Compare [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus

I, smile

Bill

Have you tried out Bohm yet as they have a Yamaha Style convertor included as standard https://www.jvm-music.nl/

Bill

Yes when their new line arived..
Their price however for VST support (cloud) is humongous..

So where they add a style converter for free
They make that up with their vst’s...

I think both Wersi and Bohm are currently in the same league..(soundquallity)
However the OS of the Wersi seems more versatile, from an arranger point of view..

And Wersi will be adding support for Ketron and Korg styles in OAX 3.0

#500597 - 09/10/20 10:47 AM Re: Yamaha Style Compare [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hi all - I'm curious if Wersi/OAX got things fixed or resolved from the note that Abacus mentioned after the 2.0 software. I was a Wersi owner many years ago; have been looking a bit at the current OAX range.

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online