SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#474104 - 08/04/19 09:10 AM O.T. Exercise
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Just talked to Gary D. on the phone and he inspired me to start new exercise program.
I made a good beginning with some knee bends. My doughnut rolled under the desk and I had to get it.

#474105 - 08/04/19 09:40 AM Re: O.T. Excercise [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Way to go, Don ...
Whatever gets us started ... wink grin

I spent 4 nights in the hospital 2 weeks ago, had a FULL cardiac work up which unfortunately wasn't perfect, but fortunately wasn't too bad, and I'm hoping to start back at the gym tomorrow ... Three magic words " "DIET and EXERCISE" ...

#474107 - 08/04/19 10:31 AM Re: O.T. Excercise [Re: DonM]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
My kind of exercise!

#474111 - 08/04/19 12:47 PM Re: O.T. Excercise [Re: ekurburski]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Parkinson and aging have given a positive attitude towards exercise. I live with: “You are not going much longer John”. I go to Parkinson’s boxing 4 times a week and the gym three to four days a week.
You can’t stop Parkinson, it keeps going, medication only stops the systems. BUT the program I am doing keeps Parkinsons on hold. The old saying, “Use it or lose it”.

My reason for writing this post is to tell you what I believe. What and how you are taking care of your body today will determine how you are going to survive aging when it comes.

This is preaching, but there is no better advice I can give. Don’t wait until????? This not just a theory, I am living it.

Life is good, John C.

#474114 - 08/04/19 01:19 PM Re: O.T. Excercise [Re: DonM]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Too true.Guys. Didn’t realise anything was wrong till I slipped last year and snapped my wrist. Bone scans showed I had osteoporosis. Pills they put me on ended up giving me muscle and joint pain to extent I could barely walk for about a month till realised what the problem was. Stopped taking them pain has gone, have to find a new pill.

Wish I’d d a bit more exercise in the last few years and possibly eaten a bit more healthier. Wise in hindsight. Haha

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#474115 - 08/04/19 01:24 PM Re: O.T. Excercise [Re: DonM]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I started exercise 35 years ago and have stayed with it only because my favorite food is MORE. Hey if 1 pint of Ben and Jerry's ice cream tastes good why not have 2, like wise if half pound of pasta with garlic, oil and anchovies tastes good, I'll go for the pound of pasta. Once upon a time I only went to restaurants that served the largest portions of meats. One of my favorites was a place that offered the Captains Cut of Prime Rib. Under the description of the portion it read "YOU WILL BE EMBARRASSED" when it's served. Sure enough when they delivered that cut of meat to a table everyone turned around to see who the person was.

Edited by Stephenm52 (08/04/19 01:29 PM)

#474117 - 08/04/19 02:09 PM Re: O.T. Excercise [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I have exercised all my life, beginning in Elementary school. I was a skinny person until I got married, then beefed up to about 175 pounds at 6 feet tall. I had a Myocardial Infarction at age 68, but no ischemic damage to the heart muscle. At that point, I continued to exercise on a daily basis, but also began drinking good booze, which resulted in significant weight gain (lots of carbs in good booze.) wink

I still lift weights nightly, just lightweight arm weights of 5 pounds and do 100 curls with each arm, then climb aboard my stationary bike and ride about 5 miles, all while tethered to an oxygen line. I think exercise is why I am still alive today, because I only have about 17-percent of my lung capacity remaining due to asbestosis, which resulted in pulmonary fibrosis.

This morning,when I talked with DonM, I had just walked out on my deck to empty the kitchen trash can. The temperature was 88 degrees f, with relative humidity of 90 percent. After walking just 50 feet, I was out of wind, had to sit down on one of the deck chairs and use my rescue inhaler. I had the phone in my pocket, so I called Don and asked if I could get some first hand singing and playing lessons from him, of course, if the fee was not too high. smile

I stopped drinking booze for a couple weeks last month, lost 10 pounds in just 2 weeks, but I didn't feel like I was breathing any better, so I went back to the booze. The weight quickly returned, breathing is about the same, but damned that Jim Bean Honey Bourbon tastes soooooo good. wink

Good topic, Don,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#474120 - 08/04/19 02:15 PM Re: O.T. Excercise [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

I'm working on a video showing sloppy blues scale lead work and how to slur vocals. smile You're the first customer Gary!

#474126 - 08/04/19 02:37 PM Re: O.T. Excercise [Re: DonM]
DonM Offline

UPDATE: Just did some walking. Made it to the kitchen and made strawberry smoothie. Resting now.

#474130 - 08/04/19 03:47 PM Re: O.T. Excercise [Re: DonM]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Atta boy, Don!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online