SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#473594 - 07/28/19 12:18 AM Re: Downloads [Re: travlin'easy]
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
It's all down to Politeness.

A THANK YOU Button gives the one who shares Acknowledgement.

Edited by Graham UK (07/28/19 12:19 AM)

#473607 - 07/28/19 11:59 AM Re: Downloads [Re: travlin'easy]
DannyUK Offline

Gary, just wondering did someone or something specifically annoy you enough to post this?

Edited by DannyUK (07/28/19 12:16 PM)

#473610 - 07/28/19 02:26 PM Re: Downloads [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
No, this has been festering in my mind for years. I have always been a giving, caring individual that tried to help others to the best of my ability. I guess the straw that broke the camel's back was the last two style files I posted, both of which had a couple dozen downloads, and not a single comment, positive or negative. WTF!

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#473611 - 07/28/19 02:52 PM Re: Downloads [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Gary,my friend, it's frustrating, I know, but as the Swami says ...
"Ask nothing; want nothing in return. Give what you have to give; it will come back to you, but do not think of that now"
Swami Vivekananda

#473613 - 07/28/19 06:47 PM Re: Downloads [Re: tony mads usa]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Gary, as far as I am concerned you are by far the biggest giver I know. What you have done for Yamaha users is fantastic. Having that gift, ability, should bring satisfaction and contentment. Waiting on the conduct of people normally brings disappointment.

I do not feel that people mean any disrespect, they just think differently, or not at all. The nature of man has always been in question.

The positive side – you are very well respected on this forum, so the flag you are waving will be noticed by many. And that is the best you can do. Amen! Now get back to working on your health and recoding some more songs.
Gary, I may have not acknowledged your post with The Nearness of You, but you motivated me. I have been working on the song since you posted it.
Gary, your pot is filled with goodies, a little stirring is not a bad thing. You just added something to this forum.

Time for a smile, well done my friend, John C.

#473622 - 07/29/19 07:37 AM Re: Downloads [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks John, I really do appreciate your comments. I guess depression is getting the best of me with the downturn in my pulmonary condition during the past few weeks, which has worsened considerably. Slowly suffocating to death is incredibly difficult to deal with and now I can no longer sing with the degree of quality I had just a year ago.

Thanks again,

Gary cool

#473712 - 07/30/19 09:15 PM Re: Downloads [Re: Henni]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Henni

The average human is a selfish animal indeed.

Henni, you said it all in EIGHT words!

#473713 - 07/30/19 09:30 PM Re: Downloads [Re: travlin'easy]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Gary...that was a great topic you brought up, leading to some poignant and diverse comments. I wouldn't apologize ("I guess depression is getting the better of me"). You spoke up for a lot of us who DON'T bother to.....SPEAK UP.

I'm fed up also with today's manners, or rather lack of manners. From holding the door open for a lady at the supermarket to doing direct favors for friends. It's always the same. Either no "thank you's" or a feeble gesture equivalent to automatically pressing the "thank you button" attached to their forehead.

Unfortunately, the desire to help others is in the DNA of some of us. I still help people, when possible, but these days I'm less eager, more selective and more aware of the results....there will be no thanks...period.

As Henni said:"The average human is a selfish animal indeed!"

#473791 - 07/31/19 03:09 PM Re: Downloads [Re: travlin'easy]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
No, this has been festering in my mind for years. I have always been a giving, caring individual that tried to help others to the best of my ability.

Gary cool

Well, Gary. b4 you go I want to be sure you know how thankful I am for all the help you have given me and for selling me your 3000. I have enough kb to keep me busy for a long long time thanks to you. I like everyone else here lusts for the newest and best but seriously wonder if it wouldn't be a real waste of $ when I'm still figuring out how to better use what I have! Take care ol buddy.

#473798 - 07/31/19 04:05 PM Re: Downloads [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks guys. The past 3 days have been extremely difficult as this nasty disease continues to progressively worsen. I went to the boat today, mainly just to make sure the dock lines were in place and pick up the portable generator for my son to use on his boat this weekend. Fortunately, there are a couple younger guys there that helped me load the generator into the car and I was able to drive home on portable oxygen.

Hopefully, when the weather cools a bit, I will be able to take my daughter and her boyfriend out on an overnight trip down the bay. I may have a buyer for the boat in mid August, not sure yet, though. If I kick the bucket before then, I'll will it to Captain Russ or maybe Chas. wink

All the best to everyone,

Gary cool

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online