SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#473199 - 07/20/19 03:22 PM Ketron SD90 SD9 vs Yamaha Genos basic functions
Dnj Offline

#473205 - 07/20/19 11:26 PM Re: Ketron SD90 SD9 vs Yamaha Genos basic functions [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Maybe he should invest more time in Genos..
Chord ai works a little different on Yamaha but there is a reason behind that
All the other things can be archieved on Genos..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#473208 - 07/21/19 01:35 AM Re: Ketron SD90 SD9 vs Yamaha Genos basic functions [Re: Dnj]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Genos has limitations compared to other boards, just like other boards have limitations compared to Genos, (This is not new and is just the way the OS works, hence the reason you must try before you buy) however while I am not fully familiar with the Genos I am familiar with Yamaha in general, and to me that looks like he has deliberately setup the Yamaha to suit his cause rather than get the best out of it.
There is also the question of if it didn’t do what he wanted, why did he buy it?

Bill

#473214 - 07/21/19 06:34 AM Re: Ketron SD90 SD9 vs Yamaha Genos basic functions [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
Genos has limitations compared to other boards, just like other boards have limitations compared to Genos, (This is not new and is just the way the OS works, hence the reason you must try before you buy) however while I am not fully familiar with the Genos I am familiar with Yamaha in general, and to me that looks like he has deliberately setup the Yamaha to suit his cause rather than get the best out of it.
There is also the question of if it didn’t do what he wanted, why did he buy it?

Bill

I guess when you spend so much money on a KB you get twice as angry when things don't satisfy you..

#473220 - 07/21/19 07:46 AM Re: Ketron SD90 SD9 vs Yamaha Genos basic functions [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
The video may have been slanted a bit to make a point, however, it seems to me that in comparing. musicians should pay attention to the way they use their KB. It has been mentioned numerous times before that all of the TOL instruments have great sounds, but navigation differs. The home users have the time to prearrange all of their parameters, while the performing player doesn't always have time for multiple menu presses to change something on the fly.

We have two opposing camps that may be right for them.

Edited by Bernie9 (07/21/19 07:47 AM)

#473225 - 07/21/19 08:35 AM Re: Ketron SD90 SD9 vs Yamaha Genos basic functions [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By abacus

Bill

The problem is, he could set up the Genos to do exactly wht he needs..
But either he does not want to, or does not know how..

Now there are things definately missing in Genos..
But not those things he names in this video..

To name one, he complaint about the bass sounds that is heared when he switches accomp of... but that can be overcome by a single global setting..

#473226 - 07/21/19 08:37 AM Re: Ketron SD90 SD9 vs Yamaha Genos basic functions [Re: Bernie9]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
The video may have been slanted a bit to make a point, however, it seems to me that in comparing. musicians should pay attention to the way they use their KB. It has been mentioned numerous times before that all of the TOL instruments have great sounds, but navigation differs. The home users have the time to prearrange all of their parameters, while the performing player doesn't always have time for multiple menu presses to change something on the fly.

We have two opposing camps that may be right for them.

In the end you can make any arranger work for you in any situation..
Its just a matter of finding out how, and willingness to adapt to it..

#473251 - 07/21/19 12:43 PM Re: Ketron SD90 SD9 vs Yamaha Genos basic functions [Re: Dnj]
Togge Offline

Is it true that you can not play Genos with drums only and have the rest of accompaniment off?
I would consider this to be one of the most important functions.

#473254 - 07/21/19 01:12 PM Re: Ketron SD90 SD9 vs Yamaha Genos basic functions [Re: Togge]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Togge
Is it true that you can not play Genos with drums only and have the rest of accompaniment off?
I would consider this to be one of the most important functions.

Thats not true..
There are many ways to archieve this on Genos..

#473438 - 07/24/19 01:33 PM Re: Ketron SD90 SD9 vs Yamaha Genos basic functions [Re: Dnj]
Togge Offline

The Guy knows everything 100%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GstkJE7Kl6Y

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online