Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#472412 - 07/06/19 01:55 PM Streets of London
Terrysutt Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
https://app.box.com/s/aip2tzlcgasokas2peclssirlmvd7dsm

My arrangement of the Ralph McTell song,Streets of London

although it dosen`t apply just to London.

#472425 - 07/06/19 03:48 PM Re: Streets of London [Re: Terrysutt]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Terry, good arrangement, but coming from an old codger that has been performing this song for many, many years, the backing is far to heavy and overshadows your vocals. I use a much more subtle style for the backing, which allows me to showcase my vocals and an instrumental interlude. IMO, it's a more effective way to communicate the song to the audiences. Though I could be wrong.

You can hear my rendition at Streets Of London

Keep em coming, old friend,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#472445 - 07/07/19 12:31 AM Re: Streets of London [Re: travlin'easy]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

Terry,
As you are trying to re-produce the original version I would say, less reverb on the vocals and perhaps a more percussive kind of drums in the background. Well done though, thanks for sharing.
As I hardly ever performed publicly I recorded this song more than 10 years ago with a completely different arrangement, after all that is what arranger keyboards are for. It still resides on my youtube page, and was recorded with the KOrg PA50
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZvgawOFiB8

regards
John

#472454 - 07/07/19 06:24 AM Re: Streets of London [Re: john smies]
Dnj Offline

clap as always well done John thanx to ALL others for sharing headphone

#472462 - 07/07/19 08:09 AM Re: Streets of London [Re: Dnj]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Can anyone chip in singer

You've heard versions using styles, this one was recorded using a backing track which I think Donny sent me about 4 years ago (The memory's fading fast)

https://app.box.com/s/ifnscwkkfz0d03w3xeewubatn3jtoxj0

Regards, Col

#472464 - 07/07/19 08:25 AM Re: Streets of London [Re: Terrysutt]
travlin'easy Offline

excellent performance, Col. Don't worry about the memory fading - my wife told me it was the second thing to go - I can't remember what the first was, though. wink

All the best,

Gary cool

#472467 - 07/07/19 08:32 AM Re: Streets of London [Re: Terrysutt]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Cheer's Gary, nice to hear your still plugging on,.

Keep on sailing buddy the fresh air must be the best thing for the old lungs.

Regards, Col

#472471 - 07/07/19 08:36 AM Re: Streets of London [Re: Saswick]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Saswick
Can anyone chip in singer

You've heard versions using styles, this one was recorded using a backing track which I think Donny sent me about 4 years ago (The memory's fading fast)

https://app.box.com/s/ifnscwkkfz0d03w3xeewubatn3jtoxj0

Regards, Col

clap clap headphone
Col excellent version... So well done.. Thank you

#472474 - 07/07/19 09:18 AM Re: Streets of London [Re: Terrysutt]
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks Col, I hope to make a 4-day voyage next week, but with any kind of luck, I will be able to extend it even longer, sail to the mouth of Chesapeake Bay, about 250 miles, then swing out into the Atlantic and sail up the US East Coast to Delaware Bay, ascend Delaware Bay, pass through the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal, then sail back to the marina. Fortunately, I have a new oxygen generator/concentrator that draws very little electrical current, which allows me to do these things with some degree of comfort. My biggest concern is that I no longer have the stability I had just a few years ago, probably from the lack of oxygen in my system. Consequently,I must wear a Personal Flotation Device at all times, and connect to a safety harness when I go forward to raise the main sail. The Jib sail is on a roller furling system, which allows me to deploy and remove it without going forward.

Keep those songs coming, Col, Terry and others,

Gary cool

#472476 - 07/07/19 09:27 AM Re: Streets of London [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Thanks Col, I hope to make a 4-day voyage next week, but with any kind of luck, I will be able to extend it even longer, sail to the mouth of Chesapeake Bay, about 250 miles, then swing out into the Atlantic and sail up the US East Coast to Delaware Bay, ascend Delaware Bay, pass through the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal, then sail back to the marina. Fortunately, I have a new oxygen generator/concentrator that draws very little electrical current, which allows me to do these things with some degree of comfort. My biggest concern is that I no longer have the stability I had just a few years ago, probably from the lack of oxygen in my system. Consequently,I must wear a Personal Flotation Device at all times, and connect to a safety harness when I go forward to raise the main sail. The Jib sail is on a roller furling system, which allows me to deploy and remove it without going forward.

Keep those songs coming, Col, Terry and others,

Gary cool

Gary don't sail alone in that condition... Stay safe..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online