SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#472477 - 07/07/19 09:34 AM Re: Streets of London [Re: Terrysutt]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Unfortunately, Donny, most of my friends that were somewhat active are now imfirmed or dead, therefore, most of my sailing excursions are single handed. I have the boat set up for safety with a lifeline trailing behind in case I happen to fall overboard, a swim ladder that I can deploy from the water to climb back aboard, and a jackline that runs from the cockpit to the bow to which I attach my safety harness to prevent me from falling overboard. A heart attack would probably do me in, though it beats the hell out of the way I am slowly dying at this stage of the game - slow suffocation is a bitch!

While I'm gone, I will do my best to keep in touch via the smart phone and post some photos and vids of the voyage.

Thanks for caring,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#472478 - 07/07/19 09:36 AM Re: Streets of London [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Unfortunately, Donny, most of my friends that were somewhat active are now imfirmed or dead, therefore, most of my sailing excursions are single handed. I have the boat set up for safety with a lifeline trailing behind in case I happen to fall overboard, a swim ladder that I can deploy from the water to climb back aboard, and a jackline that runs from the cockpit to the bow to which I attach my safety harness to prevent me from falling overboard. A heart attack would probably do me in, though it beats the hell out of the way I am slowly dying at this stage of the game - slow suffocation is a bitch!

While I'm gone, I will do my best to keep in touch via the smart phone and post some photos and vids of the voyage.

Thanks for caring,

Gary cool

Bon Voyage good buddy enjoy the trip..

May the road rise up to meet you.
May the wind be always at your back. 
May the sun shine warm upon your face; 
the rains fall soft upon your fields 
and until we meet again, 
may God hold you in the palm of His hand.

Edited by Dnj (07/07/19 03:04 PM)

#472492 - 07/07/19 01:19 PM Re: Streets of London [Re: Dnj]
Terrysutt Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Thanks for the replies,so we have 4 different versions,which is
how it should be,each doing their own thing.Saswick asks can
anyone chip in,the more the better I say.

#472494 - 07/07/19 02:30 PM Re: Streets of London [Re: Terrysutt]
Saswick Offline

Loc: Garstang, Preston, Lancashire,...
Take care Gary, as I'm sure you of all people know the ocean can be a very unforgiving place to be, as my lady wife used to say when we used to sail a lot "you can't switch off the wind" and that was after a force 4 grin .

Regards, Col

#472499 - 07/07/19 03:44 PM Re: Streets of London [Re: Terrysutt]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Well put, Col. I've been caught in some nasty storms, up to Force 8, which scared the living Hell out of me. The boat came through those storms just fine, but the old fart behind the helm was sweating bullets.

One of the most disconcerting things is when there is sheets of lightning associated with the storms I get caught in, and I have an aluminum mast sticking 46 feet in the air that seems to be saying "OK, go ahead and hit me - is that all you've got?" smile And, of course, when you are sailing on the open waters of Chesapeake Bay, which in places is 23 miles wide, or just a dozen or two miles offshore, the sound of the thunder rolling across the water is frightening to say the very least.

Hopefully, the weather prognosticators are correct in the upcoming, long range forecast and I'll have a fun week to 10 days or more sailing around the Delmarva Peninsula. My daughter is going to visit my home every two days to assist my wife in doing some of the things that require constant attention from me. I told my wife that it would have been my fondest wish to have her along with me, but in her present physical condition, it is just too dangerous. Probably too dangerous for me, but I'm a bit crazy, so it really doesn't make any difference. wink

Here's a map of the area I will be sailing. I keep the boat at the very top of Chesapeake Bay at the mouth of the Susquehanna River.

Thanks again, everyone, for your concerns,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#472515 - 07/07/19 11:33 PM Re: Streets of London [Re: Terrysutt]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
A quick story about that song.

When I was busking in the streets of London, I was playing opposite a guitar player. I was playing accordion and we did an hour apiece.

One day I took the time to listen to him and noticed he only played two songs. I asked him didn't he know anything else. Answer: These are the two songs that make money for me (the people passing by would shower him with money). The two songs were Blowin' in the Wind, and.....The Streets of London.

After that I came up with my own two money-maker songs: Che Sera - Whatever will be and the Blue Danube Waltz. In fact, I worked the line of people waiting to get into the Tower of London (with a tin cup) just playing those two songs for two hours going up and down the line. Made a small fortune that Sunday.

The psychology of entertaining!

#472517 - 07/07/19 11:43 PM Re: Streets of London [Re: Mark79100]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By Mark79100
A quick story about that song.

When I was busking in the streets of London, I was playing opposite a guitar player. I was playing accordion and we did an hour apiece.

One day I took the time to listen to him and noticed he only played two songs. I asked him didn't he know anything else. Answer: These are the two songs that make money for me (the people passing by would shower him with money). The two songs were Blowin' in the Wind, and.....The Streets of London.

After that I came up with my own two money-maker songs: Che Sera - Whatever will be and the Blue Danube Waltz. In fact, I worked the line of people waiting to get into the Tower of London (with a tin cup) just playing those two songs for two hours going up and down the line. Made a small fortune that Sunday.

The psychology of entertaining!

Capital !!!!

Col and Gary,
No offence mates, but I wish you would have exchanged the sailing story to another thread or a personal exchange of ideas on it, as I said no offence but it seems out of touch here on the subject of Streets of London.

Regards all the same, smile
John

#472568 - 07/09/19 05:37 AM Re: Streets of London [Re: travlin'easy]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Well put, Col. I've been caught in some nasty storms, up to Force 8, which scared the living Hell out of me. The boat came through those storms just fine, but the old fart behind the helm was sweating bullets.

One of the most disconcerting things is when there is sheets of lightning associated with the storms I get caught in, and I have an aluminum mast sticking 46 feet in the air that seems to be saying "OK, go ahead and hit me - is that all you've got?" smile And, of course, when you are sailing on the open waters of Chesapeake Bay, which in places is 23 miles wide, or just a dozen or two miles offshore, the sound of the thunder rolling across the water is frightening to say the very least.

Hopefully, the weather prognosticators are correct in the upcoming, long range forecast and I'll have a fun week to 10 days or more sailing around the Delmarva Peninsula. My daughter is going to visit my home every two days to assist my wife in doing some of the things that require constant attention from me. I told my wife that it would have been my fondest wish to have her along with me, but in her present physical condition, it is just too dangerous. Probably too dangerous for me, but I'm a bit crazy, so it really doesn't make any difference. wink

Here's a map of the area I will be sailing. I keep the boat at the very top of Chesapeake Bay at the mouth of the Susquehanna River.

Thanks again, everyone, for your concerns,

Gary cool

Lovely bay, been to Norfolk and Baltimore quite a few times in my sailing days_

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online