SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#470585 - 05/30/19 11:36 AM Connecting Audya4 to SD90 question
stkeys Offline

I've connected a Midi controller keyboard to the Midi In on my Audya 4 module then another Midi cable from the Midi Through on the Audya to the Midi In2 ( keys) on the SD90.
When I play the keyboard I can hear sound from the Audya and play styles but I don't hear anything from the SD90.

I went searching for a solution in the Midi settings on the Audya and found a SoFt Through setting under Midi. I've tried turning this on but still no sound from the SD90.

Any ideas on why this setup doesn't work?

#470960 - 06/09/19 08:23 PM Re: Connecting Audya4 to SD90 question [Re: stkeys]
stkeys Offline

114 views and nobody can answer this?

#470968 - 06/10/19 04:19 AM Re: Connecting Audya4 to SD90 question [Re: stkeys]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Loc: New Symrna Beach, Fl.
Which MIDI In are you using on the Audya? If it works like the SD series only In1 is passed to MIDI thru.

#471022 - 06/10/19 06:46 PM Re: Connecting Audya4 to SD90 question [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
volovicg Offline

Loc: Carmel Indiana
Yes Curt is correct. I just tested it on the SD-90 and only one physical input port is routed to Midi Thru. On the SD-90 there is GM and Keyboard connector en1 and en2 respectively, however if you want en1 (GM) to drive the arranger ( exactly as if it were connected to en2 (Keybrd) - on the SD-90 there is a parameter in the midi port section to configure port 1 as either a GM or Keyboard port. ( I don't have an Audya) - however I would try turning on midi thru in the utility menu, connect to a different midi in port... and that port should be configured to drive the Audya/arranger - my reference is only the SD-90 so maybe there is something here that will create a thought process for you on the Audya.

Greg V.
Ketron SD-90 Technical and Operational Information
https://www.facebook.com/groups/807274389628271/?ref=group_header

#471476 - 06/20/19 03:24 PM Re: Connecting Audya4 to SD90 question [Re: volovicg]
stkeys Offline

Thanks guys. I used a different method to accomplish my goal.
I had a midi merge box purchased for a different setup no longer in use so by taking a midi out from my Novation SL keyboard, connecting that to the midi in on the midi merge box then connecting the 2 midi outs, 1 to the Audya and 1 to the SD90 I’m able to play both modules from one midi keyboard.

I usually only turn one of them on at any one time but it saves having to swap out cables plus I can mix and match between them if I want to.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry, Ketron_AJ, Tonewheeldude 

Help keep Synth Zone Online