SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#470953 - 06/09/19 05:46 PM Joey D and Hammond Fans
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
This has got to be my favorite Joey D. performance. He's playing James Ingram's 100 Ways. Watch him start to warm up just after 3 minutes then watch him cook at at about the 5 minute mark. Talk about talent and abiity! Some of the best part is this trio looks like they are having the time of their lives! ( and they probably are!)

Edited by Stephenm52 (06/09/19 06:02 PM)

#470957 - 06/09/19 07:25 PM Re: Joey D and Hammond Fans [Re: Stephenm52]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Steve, you and I are definitely on the same wave length. I not only have this on my mp3 devices but also bookmarked on all my computers (I love the visuals too smile ). Also, my guitarist, Bob Szmik, knows and is a friend of Dan Wilson (the guitarist on the track). Joey D. is absolutely my favorite jazz organist on the planet. BTW, I think this is one of his best trios. Dan Wilson is a fantastic guitarist. Glad someone else appreciates the REAL talent exhibited here. I'm tired of looking at amateurs, I want to see the best of the best in the PRO ranks. Thanks.

chas

#470966 - 06/10/19 03:23 AM Re: Joey D and Hammond Fans [Re: cgiles]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
Steve, you and I are definitely on the same wave length. I not only have this on my mp3 devices but also bookmarked on all my computers (I love the visuals too smile ). Also, my guitarist, Bob Szmik, knows and is a friend of Dan Wilson (the guitarist on the track). Joey D. is absolutely my favorite jazz organist on the planet. BTW, I think this is one of his best trios. Dan Wilson is a fantastic guitarist. Glad someone else appreciates the REAL talent exhibited here. I'm tired of looking at amateurs, I want to see the best of the best in the PRO ranks. Thanks.

chas

Chas, I knew this would get your attention. Very cool that Bob is a friend of Dan Wilson, he's a great talent in his own right. Glad to see you already have it in your library. I too have it on my mp3 devices smile

Edited by Stephenm52 (06/10/19 03:23 AM)

#470969 - 06/10/19 04:32 AM Re: Joey D and Hammond Fans [Re: Stephenm52]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Steve, you are so right; they were having the time of their lives.

Short story: My drummer moved to California. We worked together about four years. On a return visit I booked him on a job. We were playing a disco, Manhattan Skyline. Both the drummer and the organ player started to trade fours, they were reaching a music high, it went on for eight minutes. When the song was over the drummer dropped his sticks; the organ player jumped from his chair, and they stood in the middle of the dance floor hugging. Everyone was out of their chairs applauding.

We had just gone through a magical musical moment. It does not happen often; but it will never be forgotten. The magic of music, how blessed we are.

It is magic, John C.

#470982 - 06/10/19 09:50 AM Re: Joey D and Hammond Fans [Re: bruno123]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Those magic moments are few and far in between, but they are earthshaking.

Joey is my favorite living player, too. I remember buying the first album in 1980, almost 40 years (and 150 pounds) ago.

He was a little rough around the edges then, but now look at what he can do!

Thanks,

Russ

#470989 - 06/10/19 12:21 PM Re: Joey D and Hammond Fans [Re: captain Russ]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
All that coming from those stubby little fingers !!!

#470999 - 06/10/19 01:18 PM Re: Joey D and Hammond Fans [Re: Stephenm52]
Stephenm52 Offline

John and Captain Russ,

Those are magic moments and earthshaking. I always played solo and never with a band, I wish I had that experience as a young man. If my godfather could grant me a wish I’d pick being able to play like Joey D.

Tony I guess long thin fingers aren’t a prerequisite to being a master on the Hammond.

#471005 - 06/10/19 01:48 PM Re: Joey D and Hammond Fans [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Stephenm52

Tony I guess long thin fingers aren’t a prerequisite to being a master on the Hammond.

And they're not a guarantee of any ability either ... Trust me ! wink

#471008 - 06/10/19 02:57 PM Re: Joey D and Hammond Fans [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa

Tony, I have complete trust! My fingers may be long but that never helped me. smile

#471012 - 06/10/19 04:13 PM Re: Joey D and Hammond Fans [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa

Tony, I have complete trust! My fingers may be long but that never helped me. smile

Fingers?.. Lol

Practice makes perfect!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online