SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#470106 - 05/20/19 01:25 PM A singalong mixture
Terrysutt Offline

Loc: United Kingdom

#470132 - 05/21/19 06:18 AM Re: A singalong mixture [Re: Terrysutt]
Dnj Offline

Terry I just listened to your song twice these are classic songs. But if I'm being honest you need to give more attention to your Vocal FX mix settings. At a minimum the reverb is drowning out your singing tremendously and needs to be cleaned up.
I would hope you agree with me just by listening to it?
There are a few ways you can record your vocals with the song, all in one shot is the most difficult as everything has to be perfect,
but if your home or in studio you can take your time recording the music tracks first & then the vocal tracks dry. Then afterwards add all your FX to the tracks so you have better control over your Voc mix with Reverb, Compression, delay, EQ, before mastering the entire mix. These are things to consider and not difficult to accomplish..
That said thank you for sharing your work and keep them coming.

#470151 - 05/21/19 01:27 PM Re: A singalong mixture [Re: Dnj]
Terrysutt Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Thanks Donny,I take on board what you`re saying,I did think the reverb was prominent but my problem is that I can only record
directly to a CD player using the E80 VH section.This is where I will have to experiment with the settings, as I first record the music,then play it back with vocals.The E80 manual is a bit technical when describing compression,delay,equalizer etc.

#470162 - 05/21/19 02:51 PM Re: A singalong mixture [Re: Terrysutt]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Terry, keep in mind that in a recording, you are no longer hearing your acoustic (natural) voice sound, so the blend of vocal to effects is very, very different. Your voice will be perceived lower than you remember during the performance. Live recordings are tricky because of this. A good general rule is to back off the effects a bit, if you want a more balanced recording. Experiment, and have fun with it.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online