Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#470146 - 05/21/19 09:49 AM Re: My Genos Froze....... [Re: cgiles]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
HUMILITY IS THE DOOR TO WISDOM

John C.

PS, An opinion can never be wrong because it is only an opinion, not fact.

#470147 - 05/21/19 10:53 AM Re: My Genos Froze....... [Re: bruno123]
rphillipchuk Online   content

Loc: Ontario Canada
Originally Posted By bruno123
HUMILITY IS THE DOOR TO WISDOM

John C.

PS, An opinion can never be wrong because it is only an opinion, not fact.

Well said John..

Styles
Yamaha Styles Only
Midi Safe

#470150 - 05/21/19 01:24 PM Re: My Genos Froze....... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I have been on the PSR Tutorial site since it began, and I am a moderator there as well. It's not that no one no like to read criticism of Yamaha products. Usually, when there is criticism, it's because the owner/user has encountered a problem they can not solve or cope with. Fortunately, there are lots of highly skilled users on the site that have a wealth of technical knowledge. These folks have delved into the inner workings of nearly all Yamaha arranger keyboards and synths and more often than not, come up with a solid solution to someone's problems. Or, at the very least, point them in the right direction for a workaround. Not only do they do this with arranger keyboards, but also with amps, mixers, mics, etc..., thus providing the members with a wealth of information at their fingertips.

For example, Don Mason, who is a died in the wool Korg guy, frequents the PSR site and does an excellent job of providing technical information to forum members who encounter problems. DNJ spends a fair amount of time at this site as well. I see Bachus there, too. And, a couple years ago, Yamaha was still monitoring the site and Steve Demming would often chime in and provide some great insight to technical problems.

Chas, the PSR Tutorial site offers a lot of flexibility to all it's forum members. Maybe you should pay a visit to the site and explore the various forum sections. It would take most folks the better part of a day to go through them all, mainly because the site is so diverse.

One thing to keep in mind though, no moderator will tolerate personal attacks on another member. When this happened in the past, those members were banned, some permanently.

All the best,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (05/21/19 01:25 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#470159 - 05/21/19 02:30 PM Re: My Genos Froze....... [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy

Chas, the PSR Tutorial site offers a lot of flexibility to all it's forum members. Maybe you should pay a visit to the site and explore the various forum sections.

Gary cool

I have no need for it Gary. I only have an old (and mostly unused) Tyros II and a equally dated Motif ES. I haven't touched either one since forever. My reference was to the superfan who "even acused Abby of being payed by the competition to be critical about the Genos..". These are the kinds of conspiracy theories that will arise when people take (what should be) superficial things too seriously....and there are always a few idiots around who will buy into it. Parallels abound (wink, wink). Anyway, I tend to call things as I see them, not as people want them to be, so often this runs afoul of standard forum demeanor (let's just say I'm from the 'Diki' school of forum posting smile ).

Luckily for me (and for forums everywhere smile ), 90% of my playing time is devoted to my KeyB organ and my SEVEN (Rhodes clone), both of which anyone can learn (operationally) in five minutes. This lets me spend 99% of my time PLAYING. I also have the Numa Compact 2x but that also only took about 10 minutes to learn all of it's functions. I've found that the older I get, the less I'm inclined to tackle complex situations (like a PA4x or Genos). I am, however, rediscovering and enjoying my Alesis VX49 w/VIP and all the great VSTi's that it contains. Hope this clarifies and explains that I was not 'throwing shade' on the PSR Tutorial forum or any of it's members (except maybe the conspiracy guy smile ).

chas

#470160 - 05/21/19 02:41 PM Re: My Genos Froze....... [Re: Dnj]
Crossover Offline

Doesn‘t the Genos include most of the sounds the Tyros 3 had? I can‘t imagine how it isn‘t possible to recreate the Tyros 3 sound with the Genos if you really intend to.

#470163 - 05/21/19 03:01 PM Re: My Genos Froze....... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I have loyalty to no brand. I've had about 20 Yamaha arrangers, five Korg, four Technics, five Ketrons, five Rolands, over the years.
Right now I have three arrangers.

#470168 - 05/21/19 05:43 PM Re: My Genos Froze....... [Re: Crossover]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By Crossover
Doesn‘t the Genos include most of the sounds the Tyros 3 had? I can‘t imagine how it isn‘t possible to recreate the Tyros 3 sound with the Genos if you really intend to.

Yes, they are held in a section called "Legacy Voices". However, the T3 drum kits are in another area, if I recall correctly, and not used in the Genos onboard styles. Now, those Genos styles can be edited, and the old T3 drum kits inserted, but this requires a lot of time and effort. I believe Addy is in the process of doing this.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#470172 - 05/21/19 06:09 PM Re: My Genos Froze....... [Re: Dnj]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Maybe the June update will correct some of the Genos problems, but I also wonder, do T3 sounds and styles loaded into a Genos, sound like a T3 or does the Genos change parameters completely?

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#470184 - 05/22/19 06:27 AM Re: My Genos Froze....... [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
My Genos froze too, but it was not on a gig it was on the drive to Florida when we had single digit numbers on the thermometer and the keyboard stayed in the van overnight! Ha. Just throwing some cheap humor.

All kidding aside I have no brand loyalty either, I’ve had Ketron, Roland G70 ( although the Ketron and Roland for less than a year). I’ve been blessed and have the Genos, Pa4x, S970 and a Clavinova CVP307. I don’t take offense to anyone criticizing the Genos. I love the Pa4x and the Genos is right at the top with it. To take Donny’s point a step further, MOTL S970 does a great job for me at gigs too. I’ve had plenty of compliments with the arrangers but I’m not sure anyone in the audience truly knows whether I’m using a Genos or a Korg. As I always I think it’s we the musician who the brand means most to.

#470187 - 05/22/19 06:37 AM Re: My Genos Froze....... [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52
My Genos froze too, but it was not on a gig it was on the drive to Florida when we had single digit numbers on the thermometer and the keyboard stayed in the van overnight! Ha. Just throwing some cheap humor.

All kidding aside I have no brand loyalty either, I’ve had Ketron, Roland G70 ( although the Ketron and Roland for less than a year). I’ve been blessed and have the Genos, Pa4x, S970 and a Clavinova CVP307. I don’t take offense to anyone criticizing the Genos. I love the Pa4x and the Genos is right at the top with it. To take Donny’s point a step further, MOTL S970 does a great job for me at gigs too. I’ve had plenty of compliments with the arrangers but I’m not sure anyone in the audience truly knows whether I’m using a Genos or a Korg. As I always I think it’s we the musician who the brand means most to.

At this point there is not much left to choose from anyway and frequent NEW model releases just a thing of the past and far between. Besides that most all brand arrangers today from low to high priced sound remarkably close and really usable leaving you
scratching your head in bewilderment as to why
spend so much or just get one of each MOTL units..

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online