SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#470553 - 05/29/19 12:25 PM Re: Which tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Donny - "no tablet or Apple products for me" !!! wink
Just pulling your chain, my friend ...

Best of luck with your new gear and welcome to the 'new world' ...
Glad you found what 'works best for you' ...

A brand loyalists I never was. I simply will buy and use whatever necessary for the job,
all else gets dumped fast. certain apps and programs only work for ios like BACKTRAX Classic program...
I have used Bose in the past L1/Compcts, etc,...
it just wasn't a perfect fit. I was reluctant with the
Bose S1 pros but they fit the void in between my big
JBL Eon One PA system which I love,... and is very very versatile in so many ways for all else smaller that you can throw at it with Battery/AC/FX and wireless Bluetooth, KB/Guitar, and great sound,...
I am still impressed with them. cool2
You can use it anywhere with a Bluetooth Mic & iPad player.

Edited by Dnj (05/29/19 12:28 PM)

#470555 - 05/29/19 02:54 PM Re: Which tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: tony mads usa]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
chas ... yes, I'm using the Pro12 also, for lead sheets ...
I have it linked to my KB via a USB midi cable ... if I call up a tune on the KB, it automatically calls up the lead sheet on the tablet, and if I call up a lead sheet on the tablet, it automatically calls up the KB settings I want for that song ... quick, easy, and as you said - cheap ... (but still of very good quality)...

Tony. how are you setting up the Korg with the Pro 12 to do this?

#470557 - 05/29/19 03:51 PM Re: Which tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Fran Carango]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
chas ... yes, I'm using the Pro12 also, for lead sheets ...
I have it linked to my KB via a USB midi cable ... if I call up a tune on the KB, it automatically calls up the lead sheet on the tablet, and if I call up a lead sheet on the tablet, it automatically calls up the KB settings I want for that song ... quick, easy, and as you said - cheap ... (but still of very good quality)...

Tony. how are you setting up the Korg with the Pro 12 to do this?

Tony, I hope you don't mind I'm going to chime in on this. Using Mobile Sheets and in Songbook on the Korg you set a number usually a 3 digit , then with the midi function in Mobile Sheets you set a the same 3 digit midi number there. There's a set of insntructions for the initial settings for the Korg and for Mobile Sheets. After I post this message I'll find the links to the manuals.

#470558 - 05/29/19 03:53 PM Re: Which tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Here's the link to the manual

Mobile Sheets Korg Connection Manual

#470568 - 05/30/19 07:26 AM Re: Which tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Dnj]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I'm using the iPad Pro (12.9") also, with the unrealBook app. I don't need to play tracks, so I use it for music (PDF file) display with the musician's music display app 'unrealBook' which has worked well. This app does have music player features, but I don't use them so I can't report on how well they work etc.

I also use wireless MIDI from the iPad to my Genos, to recall registrations (I've written about that in other threads), plus AirTurn units for page-turning. I network with up to 4 other iPads in band/jam/party situations also, so that they all display the same music that I show on my 'master' iPad (this is a function within unrealBook).

Jim

#470569 - 05/30/19 07:45 AM Re: Which tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: jimlaing]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
That sounds good, Jim ... A jazz sax player friend of mine uses 'unReal book' and loves how he can change keys, tempo, even rhythm - Bossa to Swing etc.
The Pro 12 with Mobile Sheets Pro can also be used as a 'master' to keep others literally 'on the same page' as clients ...
I purchased a second Pro 12 for back up and when I make changes or updates on the master it takes about 10 seconds to update the back up ...
Great stuff ...

#470573 - 05/30/19 08:48 AM Re: Which tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

JIm, I use Songbook Plus and unReal book on my 12.9 inch iPad Pro too. The only reason I’m using Songbook plus is because it links PDFs very easily to the Genos. I hadn’t realized that unReal book would work the wirelessly with registrations. Overall I find unReal book to be a better choice for file manipulation than Songbook Plus. Thanks for the post I’ll have to investigate using unReal book with Genos.

Jim, That leads me to the question do you have to use MSBs and LSBs to configure the PDFs/Genos to recognize registrations? Songbook Plus is just a one touch operation at the Genos and Songbook plus

Edited by Stephenm52 (05/30/19 08:53 AM)
Edit Reason: To add a question

#470574 - 05/30/19 09:09 AM Re: Which tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

People have been asking me about the Xvive U3 Wireless Mic Bluetooth system I mentioned in my previous post with the Bose S1 pro..
It works GREAT!
here is more info.

[video:youtube]https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/xvive-u3-microphone-wireless-system[/video]

Edited by Dnj (05/30/19 09:15 AM)

#470581 - 05/30/19 11:00 AM Re: Which tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
People have been asking me about the Xvive U3 Wireless Mic Bluetooth system I mentioned in my previous post with the Bose S1 pro..
It works GREAT!
here is more info.

[video:youtube]https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/xvive-u3-microphone-wireless-system[/video]

And this is coming from the gut that dumped his mics because they were too heavy. smile

So the answer is to add more weight with an attachment shocked

#470582 - 05/30/19 11:16 AM Re: Which tablet R U using for charts,lyrics,Mp3's [Re: Dnj]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hi - re: unrealBook - someone mentioned using it to change keys, tempos, rhythm ... I think that must be some other app. unrealBook is a music display program; it displays PDF files. It has lots of great features for Set Lists, searches, metadata (keywords), organizing PDF files ("sheet music") and such. It does not have any features related to key changes, rhythms, tempos. It can send MIDI commands though, so maybe your friend was using its MIDI abilities to change the key/tempo/rhythm of a piece of hardware (or software synth/sequencer?)

unrealBook itself has no "sequencer" or rhythm machines etc.

Jim

Edited by jimlaing (05/30/19 11:16 AM)

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online