SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#469708 - 05/07/19 02:52 PM Good news on the health front
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
With Larry's permission, I'm happy to report that Larry (Lahawk) came through his surgery with flying colors and is on the mend. As we all know, medical expenses are horrendous and as such, Larry's sister has set up a GoFundMe page (check the BAR) to help defray some of the expenses. Several 'zoners' have already contributed and if you'd like to help, I'm sure it would be much appreciated.

chas

#469710 - 05/07/19 09:16 PM Re: Good news on the health front [Re: cgiles]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
chas ... thanks for that news ... please tell Larry that Tony (the GIANTS fan) is praying for his full and rapid recovery ...

#469711 - 05/07/19 10:32 PM Re: Good news on the health front [Re: cgiles]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
You can help Larry by donating to help offset the medical costs. Larry Hawk Go Fund Me

#469715 - 05/08/19 07:45 AM Re: Good news on the health front [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Glad Larry is doing well and dodged the big bullet.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#469717 - 05/08/19 09:03 AM Re: Good news on the health front [Re: cgiles]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Thanks everyone. I'm home feeling really "blah". But, I'm ready for the long heal.
Love you guys, (even Giant fans)

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#469750 - 05/09/19 01:26 AM Re: Good news on the health front [Re: lahawk]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Rest up Larry and make sure to get well.

#469967 - 05/15/19 03:16 PM Re: Good news on the health front [Re: cgiles]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Two week update, and perhaps this could help someone with a similar situation. Many have asked how I'm doing so thought I would post it here too.

After a chest x-ray, I had an appointment today with surgeon. They all said everything looks perfect, and they are pleased with the surgery outcome, my vitals, and recovery so far. I have some pain, but not too bad. Kind of pain you may get picking up a too heavy amp.

I have some anxiety, and they said it could be the medication, and that I should ask family doctor to prescribe a little something to calm me down especially for sleeping.

I am amazed at today's medical achievements. 20-25 years ago, bypass surgery was not necessarily a guarantee. Still isn't, but the odds for living a more normal life after surgery are much better today. I had a choice of a less invasive double stent, but I listened to the cardiologist, and surgeon who recommended bypass. I'm sure we all made the right decision

The only negative about LVHN is they are booked for rehabbing, and I won't start with them until middle of June. I'll have to start on my own at home.

Anyway it felt good to get out of the house. I'm cleared to do things, but need to slowly build up, and don't overdue anything. Believe me, I can't it's hard when feeling groggy. (And that's me excuse for maybe a rambling post)

So that's it. Loveya all Thanks for all the support.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/larry-hawk-srs-road-to-healing...

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#469969 - 05/15/19 04:02 PM Re: Good news on the health front [Re: cgiles]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Glad to hear you are making progress Larry. After my bypass I was playing golf within a month or so. The pain or tenderness goes away fairly soon.
I don't have anxiety, but I'm a CARRIER. smile
It's only natural to have some concerns or anxiety after such an invasive procedure. This too will pass my friend.
Walk as much as you can; that's the best thing you can do at this stage.

#469974 - 05/15/19 04:51 PM Re: Good news on the health front [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Larry, Don provided you with some very sound advice - walk as much as you can. Don rides around in a golf cart, but he has to get off the cart in order to hit the ball, so I guess that counts as walking. wink

The pain and tenderness usually goes away in about 30 to 60 days after the procedure, but the anxiety will likely last much longer, which is understandable. Fortunaely, the procedure is far less invasive and traumatic than it was when I worked in that facet of the medical field and the recovery period is much shorter.

If you have access to a treadmill, a recumbent bike and some arm dumbbells, use them daily at home and you may be able to avoid going to physical therapy. Long before there were physical therapy centers in our area, we provided patients with instructions on how to do their own physical therapy at home. And, we sent a nurse to see them three days a week from the Visiting Nurses Association to keep tabs on their progress. Most of the patients stuck to their guns and did very well for many, many years after the surgery.

Good luck,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#469975 - 05/15/19 04:54 PM Re: Good news on the health front [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Great news Larry. I had a pacemaker installed a couple of months ago. My musical rhythm and timing has improved immensely smile. I've had a couple of friends that had bypass surgery and walking is definitely the big thing for rehab. Take care of yourself and give yourself time to heal.

chas

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online