SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#468791 - 04/17/19 09:11 AM Re: O.T. Pretty exciting... [Re: cgiles]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Thanks for sharing those stories, Steve. I am an amateur name derivative collector and love to observe how family names change or get changed over time and in different geographic areas.

Chas may have provided you with some good advice or at least, cause for concern.

Regards, ----Dave

#468792 - 04/17/19 09:12 AM Re: O.T. Pretty exciting... [Re: cgiles]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Chas, This guy had a different initial than mine and I spell my first name with a “ph” he spelled “ve.” If this guy is stealing identities he’s got a great cover.

#468818 - 04/17/19 03:03 PM Re: O.T. Pretty exciting... [Re: Riceroni9]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Riceroni9
Thanks for sharing those stories, Steve. I am an amateur name derivative collector and love to observe how family names change or get changed over time and in different geographic areas.

Chas may have provided you with some good advice or at least, cause for concern.

Regards, ----Dave

Chas did offer good advice. After Home Depot's customer database was compromised with the possibility that my credit card was affected I started subscribing to a credit monitoring service and I check my accounts on a daily basis. I never use the same password for any account I have and I change them regularly.

I follow the guidelines outlined in the link below:

https://www.useapassphrase.com/

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online