Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#468796 - 04/17/19 10:15 AM Re: Which keyboard.... [Re: DannyUK]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DannyUK
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Dnj
Buy a Genos use the T4 as backup...good luck.

Hey Dnj, I hope all is well smile

Lol, that's two TOTL's !! Can only fit one I'm afraid.. And the T4 is no way portable !!! so that would be a no grin Nice try though ! laugh

Danny....If that's the case it's a simple choice since your a Yamaha player you can't go wrong with either the S970/S975 .....
and don't rule out the very capable S670 which I am having a ball with and it wont hurt your pocket either. cool2

Thank you very much. Indeed I am a Yamaha player first and foremost these days!!! But with a Korg thrown in lol..

I think it will be the S975, although sure I consider the other models but I think I've set my heart on the S975 now. I've not heard a single negative thing here so far, so then it's already helped make my choice.

or.....If there isn't a rush....you might want to wait a bit until the new Yamaha MOTL unit release wink

Edited by Dnj (04/17/19 10:28 AM)

#468797 - 04/17/19 10:19 AM Re: Which keyboard.... [Re: DannyUK]
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Dnj
Buy a Genos use the T4 as backup...good luck.

Hey Dnj, I hope all is well smile

Lol, that's two TOTL's !! Can only fit one I'm afraid.. And the T4 is no way portable !!! so that would be a no grin Nice try though ! laugh

Danny....If that's the case it's a simple choice since your a Yamaha player you can't go wrong with either the S970/S975 .....
and don't rule out the very capable S670 which I am having a ball with and it wont hurt your pocket either. cool2

Thank you very much. Indeed I am a Yamaha player first and foremost these days!!! But with a Korg thrown in lol..

I think it will be the S975, although sure I consider the other models but I think I've set my heart on the S975 now. I've not heard a single negative thing here so far, so then it's already helped make my choice.

The 975 is a great choice especially since you had the 950. You'll fell right at home with some extra goodies ...
Eric

#468799 - 04/17/19 10:38 AM Re: Which keyboard.... [Re: Dnj]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

or.....If there isn't a rush....you might want to wait a bit until the new Yamaha MOTL unit release wink

That's what I was afraid of eek !!! Too late now I've ordered it now grin

#468800 - 04/17/19 10:40 AM Re: Which keyboard.... [Re: Eric, B]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By Eric, B

The 975 is a great choice especially since you had the 950. You'll fell right at home with some extra goodies ...
Eric

Thanks Eric, yes my choice was definitely influenced by how much I did like the S950 so that certainly helped.

#468801 - 04/17/19 10:45 AM Re: Which keyboard.... [Re: DannyUK]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

That's what I was afraid of eek !!! Too late now I've ordered it now grin

Well then good luck with it and enjoy your music...
stay in touch with your experiences..

Check your mail in a little while I sent you a nice gift.... wink

Edited by Dnj (04/17/19 10:56 AM)

#468802 - 04/17/19 10:53 AM Re: Which keyboard.... [Re: jingleman]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By jingleman
Danny...there are experts on this forum, that could give you advice regarding any of the Current TOTL and MOTL arrangers. Also, if your looking to enhance your sound options, there are many here that could assist you with Yamaha or Korg options.

Some simple questions might be:
Are you playing live?
Are you a home recording artist?
Do you feel the T4 provides all your arranger needs?
Donny’s right...you sound like a yammie arranger guy. So Genos is the top. If you need to drag it around...could be a problem.
You would probably be better off selling the T4 now as the value will continue to slide as newer models are released.

Again, there are masters of about every arranger keyboard on this forum.
Just ask for specific AK questions.
JM

Hi JM,

Thank you for your reply. Yes you were certainly correct with the many peeps that replied here and has helped me make my decision. I've been a member here since day 1 of this forum (and also a few years with the previous forum though I can't remember what it was called now blush confused1 ).. It has always been my number 1 goto place for advice, I am certainly no expert but I know that the majority of the lovely members here are smile

To answer your questions as you asked them, I don't play live anymore, I used to assist playing in our church as well but that has since gone so I am now pretty much just a hobbyist with the occasional recording at home when work isn't dominating my time.

The T4 most certainly fulfills everything I need and I have contemplated looking at upgrading it to either the T5 or Genos in the past but I concluded that I don't want to depart from the T4 and can't justify having two TOTL so I am going to stick with it. But having a more portable T4 was something I've always wanted since first owning a T4, for instance if I wanted to take it in any room in the house or even to my friends and families without the complete rigmarole of setting it up every time.

Thanks again for your response which has helped.

All the best,
Danny

Edited by DannyUK (04/17/19 10:57 AM)

#468803 - 04/17/19 10:56 AM Re: Which keyboard.... [Re: Dnj]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Absolutely ! I think I do have a lot of catching up to do, want to also get stuck in reading many of the posts here as well.

One question that I hasn't been answered though, will those expansion packs I bought for the S950 (which was most of them at the time), work on the S975? I am guessing they would but just in case I would need to get them converted or something like that.

#468804 - 04/17/19 10:58 AM Re: Which keyboard.... [Re: DannyUK]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

Absolutely ! I think I do have a lot of catching up to do, want to also get stuck in reading many of the posts here as well.

One question that I hasn't been answered though, will those expansion packs I bought for the S950 (which was most of them at the time), work on the S975? I am guessing they would but just in case I would need to get them converted or something like that.

You have mail coming soon large file... cool2

Edited by Dnj (04/17/19 10:59 AM)

#468806 - 04/17/19 11:33 AM Re: Which keyboard.... [Re: Dnj]
DannyUK Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

You have mail coming soon large file... cool2

Ooo !! Thank you!! however I am about to go out for the evening but will definitely check upon my return !! smile Thank you very much smile

#468807 - 04/17/19 11:36 AM Re: Which keyboard.... [Re: DannyUK]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
If you wander over to the PSR Tutorial forum, you will find all the Genos styles that have been converted to work with the S-975 and S-970. They sound fantastic on my S-950 as well. The neat thing about going through all these files is they become inspirational in learning new and exciting songs, at least this has always been the case for me.

Enjoy that new keyboard and keep us posted as to your progress with some new songs,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online