SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#46876 - 03/10/03 04:42 AM cardreader
waterschip Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Hi,

I saw something about a multi cardreader/writer.
What does or doesn't this cardreader/writer do compare to the Technics/Panasonic cardreader.
No encryption from audiofiles to use wiht the KN7000??.
The thing is cheaper and greater flexibility than the Technics one.
www.imation.com

product->cd,dataplay&optical storage-> storage accessories

FlashGo!usb flashmemory reader/writer or the
Flashgo!2.o

rgds.
Willem

[This message has been edited by waterschip (edited 03-10-2003).]

#46877 - 03/10/03 02:34 PM Re: cardreader
manorcourt1991 Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Hi Willem,

I am using a multi-card reader and it seems to work fine. I don't have the software that comes with the Technics reader so I can't comment on its suitability for this but it is fine with the SDCard Tool software from Thomas and Alec. I have also used it with Sony Memory Sticks from the digital camera. The unit I have is made by PQI in Taiwan and cost me AUD$50 (about 50 Euro). It handles various cards including SD up to 128M. There is a later one which is USB2 compatible and will handle larger cards (cost about 45 Euro).

Cheers
Len C.

#46878 - 03/11/03 12:06 PM Re: cardreader
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Willem,
I have a cheap little card reader called Travel Flash that I bought through Ebay
(for under $30 AUD plus Postage). It reads SD & Multi Media Cards.

It works okay with Thomas's program and it works with the software that comes with the kn7.

Mine definitely DOESN'T work with the Panasonic SD Juke Box software.

The box also says it works up to 128mb capacity. I just formatted my brand new 256mb card and it seemed to work okay, but I can't be sure till I do some saving etc.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#46879 - 03/11/03 04:44 PM Re: cardreader
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Just a word of caution Rikki - if the card reader spec says that it only works up to 128Mb it's just possible that your nice shiny new 256Mb card has only been formatted to allow 128Mb of storage. Your KN7000 should report the available space (minus a few Kbytes for 'Houskeeping')

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#46880 - 03/12/03 12:01 PM Re: cardreader
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Bill,
it actually shows just over 252mb after formatting. I formatted it in KN7 and in the cheap card reader, just to test it. So far so good.
I now have a Panasonic SD kit anyway. I would imagine it would be able to handle the larger cards? Main reason I ended up with the 256mb is for the KN's amazing audio functions.
Hoping to create backing tracks( as audio files) from my PSRPro for use in the KN7. Saves all the hassles of editing the psr files to suit the kn7 sounds.
It's strange hearing the psr playing through the KN7, and it's nowhere in sight.
best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
Just a word of caution Rikki - if the card reader spec says that it only works up to 128Mb it's just possible that your nice shiny new 256Mb card has only been formatted to allow 128Mb of storage. Your KN7000 should report the available space (minus a few Kbytes for 'Houskeeping')

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#46881 - 03/12/03 04:19 PM Re: cardreader
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Good news Rikki - the day was not wasted - we learned somthing

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online