SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#468571 - 04/12/19 11:40 AM Re: EA7 popular world wide. [Re: adimatis]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By adimatis
i guess one thing is for sure, and this confirms it: there is taste for every option out there.

Yes sir. That's right!

#468580 - 04/12/19 02:44 PM Re: EA7 popular world wide. [Re: Kabinopus]
Crossover Offline

Originally Posted By Kabinopus
I can see why the concept of E-A7 can be so appealing. I like that it is borh compact and professionally orientated - usually you can't have it both. Meanwhile, judging by demos I can't say that it sounds in any way better than PSR-S670. The latter costs in Russia more than two times cheaper. My impression is that since the time of PSR-3000 Yamaha has updated almost each sound and style, while Roland is still using the same stuff they had decades ago. I can be wrong. Still, in Russia PSR-S670 is a big hit, according to some sales reports, and I don't see E-A7 in these reports at all.

„The same stuff they had decades ago“ sounds a bit exaggerated to me, although I think you are right that the S670 has more updated sounds (doesn‘t it also benefit from this new Yamaha chip introduced with the Montage?). To my experience, many of the E-A7 tones are nearly identical to those of the BK-9 and BK-7m, and the BK-7m has been described as more or less a module version of the E-80. So I think, for the most part, the bulk of the sounds stem from around 2004-2008, the era of Fantom X, G70 and E-80. Bad enough, but still not decades ago.

#468581 - 04/12/19 02:47 PM Re: EA7 popular world wide. [Re: Fran Carango]
DonM Offline

There are some new sounds, such as pianos and organs.
Since most of the songs I play are decades old, the sounds are fine for me. smile

#468583 - 04/12/19 03:45 PM Re: EA7 popular world wide. [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By DonM
There are some new sounds, such as pianos and organs.
Since most of the songs I play are decades old, the sounds are fine for me. smile

As are most of the people in our audiences ... laugh2

#468584 - 04/12/19 04:07 PM Re: EA7 popular world wide. [Re: DonM]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Originally Posted By DonM

Don...you must be feeling better. That’s a good one!

JM

#468585 - 04/12/19 06:12 PM Re: EA7 popular world wide. [Re: Fran Carango]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
I'm hesitant about purchasing a Roland, only because of the lack of third party styles, sounds, software, etc. Perhaps I'm spoiled by Yamaha. However the E-A7 sounds good, thanks for the video find Fran.

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#468636 - 04/13/19 12:58 PM Re: EA7 popular world wide. [Re: Fran Carango]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
DonM, yes, I know you’re a real professional and you’re gigging with E-A7, which gives me optimism about this keyboard.
I’ve started to suspect that after a certain stage of progress after you get all you need, the next stage is eliminating things which you don’t need, otherwice it’s some sort of slavery, when the only option available is to add something, but not to remove.

I’m not a singer myself, but I use arrangers to provide backing for my instrumental parts. And now it’s rare that I use something besides bass, drums and pads. Your vocal part carries a large amount of information, so, I guess, you try to keep some space for it in your arrangements. So it happens that when real tasks begin, the priorities change a lot, and it’s no longer a choice of a keyboard which contains the most of the sounds and features, but choice of a tool you can actually use without unnecessary troubles and financial risks.

#468644 - 04/13/19 02:14 PM Re: EA7 popular world wide. [Re: Fran Carango]
DonM Offline

Very true. The most convenient and "gig-friendly" arranger I've ever had is the Korg PA4X.
However I do really enjoy playing the EA7, and a lot of it is the key touch--very light.
I used the EA7 last night and it was very well received.
Playing four hours a night in the same place week after week, sometimes a change is welcome, if only for variety and a slightly different sound and presentation.
I like that I can slip the EA7 in the bag and easily carry it.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online