SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#468416 - 04/08/19 09:08 PM I learnt something today about the new genos
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Not owning a Yamaha for many years and that was before my Technics Kn5000 etc days, my experience with the marque is limited. But as I age my eyes and my brain work differently than it did years ago.
No, it's not old age, that doesn't happen to people who keep learning to play music, even for 50 years or more. It's the drugs the doctors give us to keep us going - well that's what I think. Lol.

Anyway, I was looking at the Psr S975 and it has a VGA output , nice. The Tyros 5 has a VGA output again, nice. But the good old Genos does not, soooo I thought can you still connect a monitor to allow you to see the screen quicker or easier. Sometimes I have a guitarist playing next to me or a singer who needs the words up but does want to set up a stand etc. for a paper copy and the hassles that go along with all that.

Then I found this video that will allow you to connect an monitor via the usb ( and there is a couple) on the Genos. And since the screen does not tilt it may be the thing that helps in a bad lighting situation as well.

This would work for the Korg Pa4x and other keyboards that have smaller screens for what I mentioned above. Even for Karaoke nights for the brave audience.

Maybe some of you guys already know about this but it is new to me, so I just wanted to share it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpDNsJSKsnM

Allan taz

#468419 - 04/08/19 09:53 PM Re: I learnt something today about the new genos [Re: tassiespirit]
Bachus Offline

There will be some additions to the external display feature in the upcomming os 1.4 in June. You should be able then to display sheetmusic or lyrics on the display, while having the normal interface on the keyboard...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#468421 - 04/08/19 11:03 PM Re: I learnt something today about the new genos [Re: Bachus]
tassiespirit Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
There will be some additions to the external display feature in the upcomming os 1.4 in June. You should be able then to display sheetmusic or lyrics on the display, while having the normal interface on the keyboard...

Now that would be useful and practical, but it would also be just the icing on the cake if you could use a touch screen on the external screen too. So the change the Genos screens via the external screens - maybe?

Thank you Bachus.

#468431 - 04/09/19 08:40 AM Re: I learnt something today about the new genos [Re: Bachus]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
You should be able then to display sheetmusic or lyrics on the display, while having the normal interface on the keyboard...

Can you do this with any Korg pa series?

#468483 - 04/11/19 01:49 AM Re: I learnt something today about the new genos [Re: sparky589]
tassiespirit Offline

Originally Posted By sparky589
You should be able then to display sheetmusic or lyrics on the display, while having the normal interface on the keyboard...

Can you do this with any Korg pa series?

In theory it should work, but I would not use a cheap adapter for this; but could it transfer the touch commands, that would a different question; that is what I would love to know.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online