SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#403838 - 06/22/15 01:18 PM Kronos and Krome - arpeggiator question
trombonzen Offline

Hi,
I sold my SV1, in order to record some music I need a Synth WorkStation.
Right now my mind is stuck either on Krome or Kronos. This will be the first time for me to have a synth and WorkStation kind of thing. I was watching tutorials from youtube.. I love the arpeggiators and drum-track kind things, how the drum track blends in with the arpeggiators and stuff.. In one video: "Korg Kronos Tutorial: 01 KARMA Arpeggiators" by Qui Robinez; it shows the detailed controlls of arpeggiators, when he alters the "note range" slider on the touch screen the Time Signature of the arpeggiator changes, it sometimes becomes 9/8, 5/8 kind of rhythm.. That's actually what I'm looking for, to be able record in these un-usual (Balkan,MiddleEast etc.) structures and also create my own patterns as well, maybe using the sequencer.. I have two question for both Kronos and Krome:

1- After changing that "note range" slider making the desired rhythmic pattern in the arpeggiator, what happens if I start the drum track and bass? Can they also modify into that?

2- Is it possible using the sequencer mode and prepare music in those rhythmic patterns (those rhythms which are not 8/8, 4/4, 2/4, 3/4, 16/8, 6/8, 12/8 etc.. )

Any help will be very much appreciated, thanks for reading..

#434398 - 07/14/17 10:22 AM Re: Kronos and Krome - arpeggiator question [Re: trombonzen]
Melodious Offline

Loc: Florida
I wish someone had answered your question, as I also would like to know. I know the Kronos is considered "top-of-the-Line but is the Krome also considered a hi-lever workstation? Seeing that this post is 2 years old, what are you doing now in regards to your choice of workstation?

#436823 - 09/02/17 01:08 AM Re: Kronos and Krome - arpeggiator question [Re: Melodious]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I thought about Krome quite a few years back. Although I thought the sounds were pretty good I wasn't in love with the keyboard action on the synth action Kromes. It was in a Guitar Center keyboard department and the keyboard actions hadn't fared too well after being on the floor for some time. I think I would pay extra for the Kronos myself.

#468299 - 04/07/19 12:19 AM Re: Kronos and Krome - arpeggiator question [Re: trombonzen]
tassiespirit Offline

Loc: Devonport, Tasmania, Australia
Originally Posted By trombonzen
Hi,
I sold my SV1, in order to record some music I need a Synth WorkStation.
Right now my mind is stuck either on Krome or Kronos. This will be the first time for me to have a synth and WorkStation kind of thing. I was watching tutorials from youtube.. I love the arpeggiators and drum-track kind things, how the drum track blends in with the arpeggiators and stuff.. In one video: "Korg Kronos Tutorial: 01 KARMA Arpeggiators" by Qui Robinez; it shows the detailed controlls of arpeggiators, when he alters the "note range" slider on the touch screen the Time Signature of the arpeggiator changes, it sometimes becomes 9/8, 5/8 kind of rhythm.. That's actually what I'm looking for, to be able record in these un-usual (Balkan,MiddleEast etc.) structures and also create my own patterns as well, maybe using the sequencer.. I have two question for both Kronos and Krome:

1- After changing that "note range" slider making the desired rhythmic pattern in the arpeggiator, what happens if I start the drum track and bass? Can they also modify into that?

2- Is it possible using the sequencer mode and prepare music in those rhythmic patterns (those rhythms which are not 8/8, 4/4, 2/4, 3/4, 16/8, 6/8, 12/8 etc.. )

Any help will be very much appreciated, thanks for reading..

Don't know if you have already found out or not, I didn't know myself and just looked it up today. On page 1083 of the Kronos_Param_Guide_E10.pdf under General Parameters - Rhythm, I believe you will find your answer; well for the Kronos at least.
It shows that you can put in the parameters for
1. from 0 to 25 for different notes - 64th triplet up to half dotted or whole triplet to full pattern.
2.straight rhythms,0-11
3.Dotted rhythms, 0-8
4.Triple rhythms, 0-8
5.Selected rhythms,0-13
6.Selected rhythms(2),0-18
7. Use Swing , on or off
8. Then there is time offset -127....+127
9. Repetitions , Lots!

So in all that I am seeing any time signature / rhythm / beat you want, you can get. If it is in the Krome or Krome EX, it would pay to look at the support doco.

Allan taz

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online